Warning! IIS and Wamp conflict
Posted by: vortexofclowns (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: March 31, 2007 11:19PM

Perhaps you already know, maybe you dont .. but very important!

If you have IIS (Internet Services) checked on in Windows Vista then Wamp ..will NOT function because Port 80 and localhost will be assigned to IIS and NOT to Wamp.

Also check your version of Vista, if you have the standard 'Home Premium' ..it does not give the ability to run a server on your computer. MS thought that it wasnt necessarry because most home users are web surfers, not developers or programmers. (that was their logic to it)

If you have Vista Business , or higher version. you can only run IIS 7.0 -OR - Wamp
but you cant have them both running, because they both take Port 80, and they both set a www root directory.

Uncheck the IIS Vista = Start - Control Panel - Programs - (on programs tab = Turn Windows Features on or off - look down the tree heirarchy and make sure Internet Services is not checked. Uncheck it and its sub-tree if it is. Then download Wamp and it'll work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Warning! IIS and Wamp conflict
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 01, 2007 02:51AM

I'm having wamp 1.7.0 running fine on my both Vista Home Premium (laptop) and Vista Business (desktop), it's pretty much depends on how you setup

To have both wamp and iis, check my old post here

[forum.wampserver.com]

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.com] (testing WAMPS on Vista)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes on Vista)

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.