i have a few questions ???
Posted by: techno_man (---.20-57-74.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: March 30, 2007 12:20AM

okay people i am running wamp 1.7 on windows xp pro, and i need to have this or my chat site wont work, and i have looked high and low with not alot of knowledge about wamp or even how to run servers, i need to know where to put this or i get this error at end of script instalation ,
chmod -v 777 inc banners periodic tmp id_avi id_img id_wav backup gallerychmod -v 777 langs sdating/photo_placechmod -v 666 periodic/cmd.php periodic/notifies.php inc/params.inc.phpchmod -v 666 ray/inc/header.inc.php ray/inc/cron.inc.php ..................................................................................................................................also i need to get this to work also or make sure i have it all in wamp5 chat site requires at least 7Mb of space and200K of MySQL DB space for installation. Your host must have any Linux/Unix(RedHat, Debian, FreeBSD, Mandrake, etc.) or Windows OS, Apache Web Server, PHP4.2.1 and higher (Apache and CGI modules), MySQL 4.0.2 and higher, ImageMagick(for photos upload) or GD Library as alternative, SendMail or Postfix, Cron(Shell access (SSH) or other access to setting Cron Jobs required). Otherwise Chat Site can not be installed properly. can you tell me if or where i can get cron jobs to work im running windows xp !!!! just remember im not at all smart in this field !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i have a few questions ???
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:43AM

just remember im not at all smart in this field !

This wamp is for developers, not for production, that's why it never had and would never have SSH/SSL and I had to do it myself, and since you've already stated as in the quote, suggest you should learn how to code and set it up first.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.com] (testing WAMPS on Vista)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes on Vista)

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Date: March 30, 2007 03:09AM

yes i understand but im at home and i want to see if i can do it from here and then ill know what to do when i save it and put it on the actual server, making sure that i can get help setting it up (i have the full script and all but i keep getting cron job errors, as you know im running windows xp pro and what is cron jobs and where do i go to fix them to read and write my script ?

Date: March 30, 2007 05:02AM

I guess you've got error about cron job because it can't find ssl, and as already stated, ssl (as seen in my sig) is not easy and simple to setup so I hope you don't expect me to walk you through it but better google for solution or at least the alternate solution

Have fun,

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Date: March 30, 2007 06:22AM

i totally understand you (its not easy) your saying its more complicated and theres no real fast solution to it, [ SSL 0.9.8D ] you got that working i see ....i hope i can find a faster solution to setting up cron jobs .....the script i have is already made and i have a full manual on it to set it up but im missing the ssl ? ..... which to my knowlegde is what makes scripts writeable and readable ....

Post Edited (03-30-07 06:28)

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: March 30, 2007 02:31PM

ssl is for security transaction and I'm not sure why your scripts need it for cron job which is just a schedule for regular backup. ssl is just like domain, I mean, that you have to buy it and it will go w/ your domain, so I'm not sure if it works locally

anyway, hope you can find an alternate solution for your script or might be an alternate package then

Have fun,

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 30, 2007 04:39PM

windows does not support SendMail, Postfix, Cron. to get the equivelent of sendmail and postfix for windows you will need to install an SMTP email server.

For the love of god though, do not install an smtp server on your wamp box, an unsecured email server is a spammers dream. they have thousands of spambots patrolling the internet looking for insecure email servers they can use they can relay their spam from.

windows does not support cron, however there are tons of freeware cron type services:
[sourceforge.net]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com

Date: March 31, 2007 01:00AM

Follow cyber's suggestion and post back here the result no matter if you're succeeded or not. If not, I might download and install it; then, let you know the outcome

Have fun,

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Date: March 31, 2007 01:47AM

Hey guys, okay i made a mistake in explaining (ill clairfy better) i seen the error i wrote abouve with ssl i meant cron jobs are what i was talking about, my bad,so before i get into depth ill install my full chat scripts and php mailer with wamp5 and yes im using this as my actual server, (this is on my own terms and at my own risk) until i finnish it, ill give you my errors, that will explain better my explaination, also just to elaberate im going to make sorta better then the site (www.plentyoffish.com) hopefully mine will be better with a nicier look and less bugs then plentyoffish, the man who owns (www.plentyoffish.com) is located in canada and today is brining home 10,000$ a day !! --------------PS: he startted this from his own basement and now of course he is the biggest chat site owner who owns it by himself !!!

Date: March 31, 2007 02:11AM

If you're succeeded to install it like mine, it should look like this

[geo.jlbn.com]

Have fun,

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Date: March 31, 2007 02:26AM

ok .... wow .... nice work mate !

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 31, 2007 06:44AM

As stated above, ssl is for security transaction, so when installing, you don't need ssl at all, just follow the instruction precisely and you will get it too

Edit: Oh, sorry, I'm wrong, it's actually for menorcarob on the different thread

Have fun,

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Post Edited (03-31-07 07:21)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 31, 2007 09:42PM

Hey techno_man, what soft you're trying to install, if it's free, I might try to install it and let you know the outcome

Have fun,

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.