Can I do this with PHP?
Posted by: chiky2006 (---.adsl.alicedsl.de)
Date: March 29, 2007 07:13AM

Hi,
I have a website which has over 150 pages, now presently I currently go through and change every single page. I just learned something about PHP... include() and I think this helps me change the whole look of my page editing only a some few files. However I have a "Lyrics" site, but it's getting really hard to work on it because I have to create every single page for every single new lyric.

Is there a way that I can have a Template lyric page and then when I click on any lyric this page changes the lyric and shows the new lyric I clicked??
I cannot find a total newbie tutorial on how to do this. I have bits and pieces that I've put together but it's all getting confusing. I've tried posting all over the web but I don't get the right answers back.

I would really, really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. I am solid with html but nothing else. PLEASE HELP

Carlitos Turiana

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I do this with PHP?
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 29, 2007 12:57PM

you can do this with php and mysql. being able to use templates so you do not need to create each and every page for you website is probably one of the most likely reasons one would choose to power their site with php and mysql.

to learn how to do this, you should get a php book for new developers. i suggest you get a book that covers both php and mysql. make sure the book not only tells you how to connect to mysql database, but also how to create databases.

lucky for you i happen to have Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional from apress. apress is one of the best technical book publishers out there:
[apress.com]

I also have this book called PHP 5 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach:
[apress.com]

Download:
[rapidshare.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com

Posted by: chiky2006 (---.adsl.alicedsl.de)
Date: March 30, 2007 01:52AM

Thank you very much CyberSpatium.. it really helped a LOT!!
I'll get studying PHP and MySQL right away.
Have a nice daY!

Carlitos Turiana

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 30, 2007 01:00PM

no problem, and good luck on your php adventures.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.