The dreaded 403 error
Posted by: Feral (---.adsl.xtra.co.nz)
Date: March 28, 2007 02:08AM

Fellow WAMPers, who can shed some light on the 403 errors several posters in the forum have referred to? I too am getting the errors. I have been using WAMP for a long time, always use it when I can. I have two machines sitting side by side, one works without a problem (XP Pro, SP2), the other (Win 2k server) throws 403 errors when accessing the default aliases. Both are running Wamp5 1.7.0. There is no difference between the installs of Wamp5, no changes made to any config files, aliases etc. So why the forbidden access on Win 2k when using default aliases?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The dreaded 403 error
Posted by: tallfreek (---.cat.com)
Date: March 28, 2007 10:09PM

i am having this same error now. I had wamp installed correctly and everything. running fine i had sites going and everything. then i had to uninstall it and many other programs. i went to re-install it and install went fine. did same thing as I did before. I changed the Apache config the same as I did before, so it would listen on port 8000.

Now I get this forbidden error. Running on Windows 2K Pro as well. sad smiley

tallfreek.webhop.net - that will show you my error ! lol

[www.thehellions.co.nr]
[www.tallfreek.co.nr]

Re: The dreaded 403 error
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 29, 2007 06:12AM

make sure iis is not running. since it is a webserver it uses the same port as apache. if that port is in use, apache will not start. you can check port 80 by:

left click on wamp tray icon menu -> apache -> test port 80

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.