Apache 2 and nod32 localhost solution
Posted by: Tipifire (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: March 26, 2007 07:04AM

After checking WinXP group policies, Windows firewall, disabling nod32 and surfing the internet for everything directly and indirectly related my problem which was a blank localhost then a error. I found Three Solutions with the 1st being my choice:

1st goto Nod32 IMON - Setup - Miscellaneous - Exclusion - Edit and add the apache 2 exe file "httpd.exe" (from \wamp\apache2\bin\). Then restart computer. This should work

2nd left click wamp icon on bottom right of screen and goto config files - httpd.conf and type in the code win32DisableAcceptEx towards the top of the configuration file without the #.

3rd Here is the NOD32 support solution:
NOTE: The problem mentioned in this FAQ entry refers to an old version of NOD32, v2.0. This problem has been fixed in NOD32 v2.5 and later. The latest version of NOD32 can always be found here on our web site.
Older versions of the Apache for Microsoft Windows web server use TCP/IP sockets in a non-standard way which conflicts with NOD32's Internet Monitor (IMON) component. To resolve this issue, recompile the LIBAPR.DLL with the WAIT_FOR_EVENT preprocessor definition defined.

Looks like nod32 unfixed the problem. I hope this helps everybody

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache 2 and nod32 localhost solution
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 26, 2007 09:22AM

this will hep many people out.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com

Re: Apache 2 and nod32 localhost solution
Posted by: modifier (221.132.114.---)
Date: June 12, 2007 04:15AM

Dear Tipifire !
Thanks a ton for your helpful post my problem's solved I wish you good luck for ever & ever & Ever !

Thanks & Regards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.