I can't figure it ouT ;(
Posted by: chiky2006 (---.adsl.alicedsl.de)
Date: March 25, 2007 11:35AM

Hey ppl, I know there are many threads asking what I'm going to ask here, I've read TOO many, but none of them seem to work for me. I have Windows XP Media Center edition on my PC. I downloaded WAMP 1.7.0, 1.6.6, 1.5, 1.4.3 and with all of them. I still get the same message.

"Cannot load mysql extension"

I've edited the php.ini, uncomment the ;php_mysql.dll, but still get the same message. Sometimes, these message doesn't appear anymore but then I have a new problem. I get a "HTTP 403 forbidden".

I downloaded the PHP 5 version on the FAQ which is supposed to fix this, but nothing seems to happen.

I wanted to start learning Php and have everything setup today. But anything is working for me sad smiley.. I don't know what else to do, so if anyone could help me here I'd really really appreciate it. THANKS!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can't figure it ouT ;(
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 26, 2007 09:32AM

yfastud, i just deleted your threads, your answer "backup all your data to somewhere else safe, then re-format hard drive, re-install windows, then immediately install wamp" was wrong. i dont want anyone else who may have the same problem to think they have to do that to fix this.

chiky2006, php 5 now comes with support for mysql disabled, so you will need to enable it yourself. you stated that you opened up your php.ini file and uncommented the php_mysql.dll setting. that was the correct step but you missed one last step that must be done. any time you edit your php.ini or httpd.conf file, you will need to restart apache for the new setting to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 26, 2007 11:23PM

To CyberSpatium:
First, already warned him to backup data then either re-format or get new hard drive
Second, can't see what he has in his system which might stop wamp
Third, already installed latest wamp version 1.7.0 on 2 XP, 1 Home 1 Pro, and 2 Vista, 1 Premium 1 Business; they're all working fine w/o any setting change except password setup, so no matter mysql disable or not, you're admin, just do whatever you need to do

To chiky2006:
I apologize if I gave you a big hard time, but as mentioned above, I can't see what in your system which might stop wamp, and I've already installed latest wamp 1.7.0 in 4 machines, 2 xp and 2 vista, and they're all working fine w/o any setting change, so it's the best solution I could come up for you.

End and out.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.com] (testing WAMPS on Vista)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes on Vista)

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Posted by: chiky2006 (---.adsl.alicedsl.de)
Date: March 26, 2007 11:52PM

To Cyberstadium:
You've got a really nice website there... "clarifyloans.com" did you do it??..

To yfastud:
Thanks, you didn't give me a hard time don't worry... I needed to format my PC someday this week anyways. I did it, and as I expected, I got the same msgs, I had lamp running on a linux distro I was trying and it worked just fine. I thought it'd be easier to set up on Windows but I have no idea what I was doing wrong. Anyways I have NO IDEA of what I did, but in this moment is UP and Running grinning smiley

Thank you guys for your support! grinning smiley grinning smiley
Chiky2006

Carlitos Turiana

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.