WAMP Freezing
Posted by: jlignier (---.cc.swin.edu.au)
Date: March 22, 2007 03:18AM

Hi,

I have developed a php/mysql systems that is running inside a local network for a client of mine. This system is sitting ontop of WAMP 1.6.6. The problem I am having is that WAMP freezes about 3 times a week. This can be fixed with a quick restart of WAMP but it is getting quite annoying. Does anyone know how I can diagnose this problem or even fix it.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP Freezing
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 22, 2007 03:51AM

He... he... ;-)

Welcome to the real world of server!!!

I have 3 computers; 2 have wamp running 24/7 and the one w/ better hardware and Registered ECC RAM never have that problem while the cheaper computer and no Registered ECC RAM often has to restart. So I guess this is not wamp problem but hardware.

Have fun,
[www.jlbn.com] (testing WAMPS on Vista)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes running on Vista)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 23, 2007 02:10AM

get opensuse, it is a freeware open source linux os, install the web webserver package, put server online, and the only time you will have to restart is if your power goes out. smiling smiley

This is the best desktop disto out there. the only time I use windows now is when I want play Maddon 07 or NFS.

More info:

[distrowatch.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
ClarifyLoans.com

Posted by: jason101 (---.ss.shawcable.net)
Date: March 24, 2007 02:35AM

Hard to diagnose all these issues without knowing hardware, OS or many other things needed to know to fix the problem.

Remove everything and rienstall just wamp! Wamp has everything you need anyways.

Jason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.