How to create database in WAMP 5?
Posted by: maller (202.163.236.---)
Date: March 13, 2007 07:39AM

To whom it may concern;

Good day! I successfully installed my WAMP 5 into my computer and I am very happy to say that it is very easy to create programs using this language. I am actually giving a tutorial to the students who wanted to learn creating websites using WAMP 5. I am about to teach them now on how to create database using WAMP 5 but the problem is I don't know how and where to start. Can you please help me and show me how? I am new on this part....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to create database in WAMP 5?
Posted by: Bigleon (---.dsl.ksc2mo.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 13, 2007 08:38AM

I used a program called naivcat and logged on to data base using it.

But creating a data base on WAMP 5 (I'm recalling from memory mind you)

Frist you go to Php admin and then head to mysql admin area. You should see a test DB already made. You'll want to make a new one, give it a name and a directory and create, and your DB should be created.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: March 13, 2007 12:54PM

To Bigleon, Navicat is a very nice app but it's not free so rather not suggest it to people. I'd like free stuffs but better get them legally such as I've got free full version of Vista Business and Office 2007 Pro directly sent from Microsoft when they gave out 30 thousands free copies to anyone that interested.

To maller, easiest way is using phpMyAdmin that comes w/ wamp package; search for cyberspatium's tutor that has good illustrated pics. However, A WORD OF CAUTION: If you don't have a good security setup, every student can get in your/school's mysql db and any of them make a little small mistake that will cause you a very big hard time, or worst the whole database is gone. Not sure if they change it nowadays, but before I've got my degree in University not long ago, IT will setup db account for students, then student can only work on their assigned db to create tables, insert data, so on.

Have fun,

JLBN

Post Edited (03-13-07 13:10)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 13, 2007 08:45PM

check out my phpmyadmin tutorial here:

[forum.wampserver.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.