WAMP and Perl
Posted by: hobbit666 (---.charlies.uk.com)
Date: March 06, 2007 12:49PM

I think will have been asked loads of times before but

How to i get pl scripts to run? I'm trying to run the test script printenv.pl when you install wamp found in the C:\wamp\Apache2\cgi-bin folder. In my browser i type [localhost] and i get an internal server error.

I've check the script is pointing to the correct location for perl but when checking the folder c:/wamp/Perl/bin/ is not there.

So how do i install perl as i can't find the add-on install file on wamp website.

Please help
I'm trying to get Dada Mail to work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP and Perl
Date: March 06, 2007 01:17PM

right well i got the printenv.pl working but having problems with dadamail

I've pasted the mail.cgi and dada folder into c:\wamp\apache2\cgi-bin\dada, then gone to
[localhost] but keep getting this:-

Program Error (Server Error 500)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More information about this error may be available in the server error log and/or program error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Died at C:/wamp/perl/lib/base.pm line 85.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /DADA/MailingList/Subscribers.pm line 11.
Compilation failed in require at C:/wamp/Apache2/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi line 171.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/wamp/Apache2/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi line 171.

Date: March 06, 2007 01:18PM

Don't worry my bad, doesn't work on windows

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 10, 2007 10:58PM

perl does work on windows. after you install the perl addon for wamp, you will need to setup apache yourself to get perl to work. also, you will have to change the location to perl in your scripts to the location of perl.exe.

search this forum for installing perl, and perl add-on

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.