I DONT UNDERSTAND any of this
Posted by: daniel1963 (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: March 04, 2007 10:56AM

Ok, I am currently running a community forum off a free server and now want to start my own phpbb forum, however I need a server, is this one of them that will work? Next question who pays this free server time? Or do I have to install it on my pc and keep pc running 24 hours a day 365 days a year? I simply dont understand any of this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND any of this
Posted by: Danny031292 (86.112.241.---)
Date: March 07, 2007 05:55PM

This will work on any windows systems, except from Home Edition. The new version of WAMP will also work on windows vista!

In order to use WAMP as a proper professional server you will have to have your PC running 24/7 365 days a year, but you can restart to free up memory and CPU usage. But, WAMP is not recommended for commercial use, production only, its up to you!

If anymore help is needed feel free to reply.

Post Edited (03-07-07 17:56)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: March 10, 2007 10:55PM

if you run a forum on your local pc, make sure you have an extremely fast interest connection or it will take tons of time for your pages to load for whoever is surfing your site.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Posted by: jason101 (---.ss.shawcable.net)
Date: March 13, 2007 09:53PM

If you don't understand any of this, I suggest you take a step back and learn basic html first then work your way up. Otherwise you'll never figure it out. If you don't understand how a website works then how are you going to edit your phpbb forum?

Jason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.