Wamp mysql never starts!!
Posted by: method (---.upc-h.chello.nl)
Date: February 27, 2007 07:48PM

hi all could any one help me fix this problm. i even reinstalled but mysql never start. I keep clicking at at start all and only apache gets start. I be happy if an expert help me fix this problem. i keep getting one of the 2 services running!!Thanks

Post Edited (02-27-07 20:54)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp mysql never starts!!
Posted by: advancer77 (---.olp.net)
Date: March 01, 2007 02:52AM

I had a similar problem early on. I zeroed in on the fix by checking the event viewer in Start>>Programs>>Administrative Tools>>Event viewer. In my case, I was running Skype and that program was using a port that one of my services was trying to access. I'm hardly an expert, but checking out the event viewer might give you some clues.

Date: March 01, 2007 03:28AM

Thanks advance. I found this error :

Do you already have another mysqld server running on port: 3306 ?

For more information, see Help and Support Center at [www.mysql.com].

could u tell me how to fix it then?Thanks

Posted by: advancer77 (---.olp.net)
Date: March 01, 2007 06:40AM

Well, I'm not sure which direction to send you. My guess would be (based the error you are seeing) that wamp is trying to start a mysql service, but one is already running. the only thing I can think to check is your list of services: Start>>Programs>>Administrative Tools>>Services. You should see wampapache and wampmysqld listed. My guess is that your Apache service will show that it has been started but your MySQL service will not be started. Look for another MySQL service listed. If you find one, stop it, and disable it or make it a "manual" service. Then try to restart all services from your WAMP system tray icon.

Another short term solution might be to open Task Manager by right-clicking your taskbar and Choosing "Task Manager". Go to the processes tab, look for something that appears to be a mysql process, highlight it, and click end process. Then do the WAMP tray icon thing from the paragraph above.

Hope this gets you somewhere.

Post Edited (03-01-07 06:41)

Date: March 01, 2007 09:22AM

advancer77 Many Many thanks. I followed your suggestion and found a few other mysql running i closed them and re start wamp and every thing worked just like before. i realy want to thank you for this help :-)) I am happy i can use mysql again and run my old projects :-)) .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.