Version of mysql
Posted by: thedavix (---.dclient.hispeed.ch)
Date: February 17, 2007 12:46PM

Hello,

I just installed the wamp 1.7.0 with MySQL: 5.0.22 it runs fine, now I install the add on for php 4, but I see that when I switch to php 4 I have MySQL: 3.23.49.

Does anybody knows how to upgrade the mysql version for php4? or to have the same version of mysql on php 4 and php 5?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Version of mysql
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: February 18, 2007 12:40AM

there is only one version of mysql installed. if you have any other versions of mysql installed, uninstall them all now.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin
--------------------------------------

like my free support? help support me by checking out my new Newbie Webmaster Development Forum dedicated to the newbie webmaster here:
www.WebDevNewbie.com

Posted by: juanpablo (82.152.68.---)
Date: May 10, 2007 01:20PM

Hi, i'm having a similar problem. I want to run mySQL version 4.1 but [Localhost] says that its 5.0.27 and PHPmyADMIN says that its 3.23.49.

Which is right? and can anyone help me get version 4.1 running?

Thanks

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 10, 2007 01:32PM

wamp comes with mysql 5.x. if you want mysql 4.x, you will have to install that and configure it yourself.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Posted by: juanpablo (82.152.68.---)
Date: May 10, 2007 02:46PM

Thannks, i downloaded the files from

[dev.mysql.com] (I downloaded the link without the installer)

and then deleted the files in 'C:\WAMP\mysql\' and replaced them with the downloaded files and it seems to be running ok and WAMP says that it is running mySQL v4.1.22

Post Edited (05-10-07 14:47)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.