Some PHP Files Not Loading
Posted by: thor1460 (---.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net)
Date: January 29, 2007 01:52PM

Hello. I have been a wamp user for about a year now. And now I'm having a problem I can't figure out.

It went like this:

I booted up WAMP5, all services loaded up fine.
I went to open a project I have, [localhost]
My application gave me an error stating it could not connect to my database.
I noticed that the MySQL service was no longer running.
I restarted WAMP a few times trying to get it to work. It would load up fine and then a few seconds later the MySQL service would stop. I think I may have exited completely and then started it up again when I finally got it all to work and stay.
The symptom of these two php applications that aren't working: They just won't load. When I try to load the index.php's, Firefox just says "Loading...", and in the status bar "Waiting for localhost..." Other files within these two folders work fine.
One folder is a Code Igniter project I'm working on, and the other is just a php/mysql web site I wrote from scratch. Other Code Igniter projects are loading fine. I tested other projects I have, some of which interact with a database, and they all load and work fine, except one other.

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some PHP Files Not Loading
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: January 29, 2007 02:06PM

If you didn't do any change to that particular app, in my own opinion, your app might be hacked, and it might be effected your system including wampserver which is the case I've just got recently and knocked down my main server and all my sites has to be run on my secondary server now. I'm still in investigating process what is the cause.

Have fun

[www.jlbn.com] (testing web server)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes)
[forum.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB2)
[forums.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB3)
[mail.jlbn.com] (testing mailserver)
[ftp.jlbn.com] (testing ftp server)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing flashes)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing images)
[joomla.jlbn.com] (testing Joomla 1.0.10)
[fusion.jlbn.com] (testing phpFusion 6.01.6)
[nuke.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke 7.9)
[nukep.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Platinum 7.6.b.4v2)
[pnuke.jlbn.com] (testing PostNuke 0.800-MS2)
[nukevo.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Evolution 2.0.1)

Re: Some PHP Files Not Loading
Posted by: thor1460 (---.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net)
Date: January 30, 2007 12:01AM

Strange. I got it to instead of hang just display a blank page. I then copied my controller, model, and view files to a clean install of Code Igniter and it works fine now. So somehow Code Igniter got messed with and it wasn't me doing it! I never put my WAMP "online". Actually, I'm behind a wireless router, so I don't even know how to. On top of that, I edited my http.conf to only allow access to 127.0.0.0.

Anyways, problem solved. But I haven't learned a thing! ha. Maybe a file just somehow got corrupted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.