thanks - worked straight off in vista
Posted by: mrlk (84.232.26.---)
Date: January 25, 2007 01:59PM

just wanted to post this as id been having a mare with apache, iis7, php4&5, mysql 4&5 with vista - i tried every combination and have spent the last 2 days googling for help - 10 mins after downloading this ive got my server and cms working straight away

thanks smiling smiley

(just wanted add that i installed everything to a non-vista system drive)

Post Edited (01-25-07 14:00)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: thanks - worked straight off in vista
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 26, 2007 10:55PM

So, you've got your Vista already? I'm still waiting for my FREE Business Vista and Pro Office 2007 that I've got from here, [www.powertogether.com], a subdivision of M$. Already got confirm message from MS, but it seem I still have to wait a little longer.

Congratulations, you’ve learned how to build well-connected, visually stunning applications with Windows Vista, and now your free, full-licensed copy of Windows Vista Business is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Windows Vista Business is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number XXXX on hand.

© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft and the Microsoft Office system are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Congratulations.You've learned how to leverage the 2007 Microsoft Office system to enable to workers to get connected to the information they need. And now your free, full-licensed copy of the Microsoft Office Professional 2007 is on its way.

Please be patient. We cannot ship your gift until Microsoft Office Professional 2007 is released to manufacturing. Your free software should arrive in six to eight weeks after RTM. If it doesn't arrive after eight weeks, please contact a customer service representative at Windows Vista and Office Kit Order Admin. Be sure to have your confirmation number XXXX on hand.

© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft and the Microsoft Office system are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Have fun

[www.jlbn.com] (testing web server)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes)
[forum.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB2)
[forums.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB3)
[mail.jlbn.com] (testing mailserver)
[ftp.jlbn.com] (testing ftp server)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing flashes)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing images)
[joomla.jlbn.com] (testing Joomla 1.0.10)
[fusion.jlbn.com] (testing phpFusion 6.01.6)
[nuke.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke 7.9)
[nukep.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Platinum 7.6.b.4v2)
[pnuke.jlbn.com] (testing PostNuke 0.800-MS2)
[nukevo.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Evolution 2.0.1)

Post Edited (02-28-07 01:47)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: February 02, 2007 08:06PM

according to roms (wamp developer) the next version of wamp will be vista capable. so you will have to wait for that to be released.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin
--------------------------------------

like my free support, help support me by checking out my website here:
www.AnyRingTone.net

Posted by: PJkinann (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 09:40AM

I had posted a question about Wamp and Vista, and then found this. Would someone explain how they got Wamp to work with Vista? It will work for a time when I install it, but then if I stop the service for any reason, I cannot even start it manually. I have to reinstall each time I want the services to start.

I hope there is a fix for this issue? Unfortunately, if you have a new computer you get Vista -- whether you like it or not. So I'm hoping that Wamp will jump in here and help because I LOVE WAMP and I miss it already!
Thanks
Pamela
(PJ Kinann)

Post Edited (02-03-07 09:40)

PJ

Posted by: roms (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 10:26AM

for Vista, right click on wampserver.exe and check "run as administrator"

romain

Romain

Date: February 03, 2007 07:36PM

Thanks, but I did that also and it wants me to completely reinstall it each time.

When I go to Programs and choose Wamp, I have 2 files in there, Start WampServer and Uninstall Wamp Server. So I put a short cut on my desk top to the Start WampServer. When I right-click, I do get the option to start as admin, but it won't start it unless I just reinstall it from that StartWampServer icon.

Post Edited (02-03-07 19:36)

PJ

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 09:08PM

So how did you do that? It should be exactly like this:

Open folder wamp, then right click on wampserver.exe, then select "Run As", then select "The Following User:", then input username as administrator and password for administrator, then click ok when done; then just restart wampserver.

So you guys already got Vista. I've got my FREE Office 2007 Pro already, but still wait for my FREE Windows Vista Business, so I'm still trying on Vista RC2, but hope I should get my FREE copy this week.

Have fun

[www.jlbn.com] (testing web server)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes)
[forum.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB2)
[forums.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB3)
[mail.jlbn.com] (testing mailserver)
[ftp.jlbn.com] (testing ftp server)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing flashes)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing images)
[joomla.jlbn.com] (testing Joomla 1.0.10)
[fusion.jlbn.com] (testing phpFusion 6.01.6)
[nuke.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke 7.9)
[nukep.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Platinum 7.6.b.4v2)
[pnuke.jlbn.com] (testing PostNuke 0.800-MS2)
[nukevo.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Evolution 2.0.1)

Date: February 03, 2007 10:18PM

then input username as administrator and password for administrator, then click ok when done; then just restart wampserver.

I don't have a user name and password. I am the administrator and I just click on Run as Administrator.

However, I let it REinstall for about the 10th time, no lie, but this time it actually worked when I stopped the services then started the services from the service menu in the task bar.

So I'm good for the moment.

Thank you for the help.
Pamela

PJ

Date: February 05, 2007 03:30AM

but now we're back to square one -- whenever I try to start from the service panel it won't start -- I just have to continually REinstall and never shut it down

Post Edited (02-05-07 03:31)

PJ

Posted by: GaryD (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: February 05, 2007 08:57PM

Hi there, just thought i would contribute and say i have downloaded wampserver today and it works fine on my version of vista. I have the business version from MSDNAA.

I installed it as an administrator, right click the install file and run as administrator. when you do this it is not bug free. You cant use the start menu to run correctly, you cant use the start menu and try and run from administrator from there, you have to navigate to were you installed the program and then right click and run as administrator from there.

Ive done this and it works every time.

I must have set mine up to start manually cause when it loads i have to left click the tray icon and start/resume service.

I think this is a great piece of program though as i have been trying to get php and apache running on vista for weeks and i just couldnt do it.

Cheers

Posted by: PJkinann (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 05, 2007 09:27PM

Hey, thanks for the procedure information. I'll have to try that method and see how it works. I too can no longer start and stop from the service panel that is in my task bar. I used to be able to do that with WinXP. Then I tried to put a short cut on my desktop and right-click, start, run through admin there. But it doesn't always work that way either.

I'll try just starting it through the actual program where I installed it and see how that works.

THank you very much for the help. Hope it works for me too.
PJ

PJ

Posted by: mrlk (84.232.26.---)
Date: February 05, 2007 09:45PM

i dont know whether this is relevant but when i was trying to install php, mysql, apache etc etc before (on vista) there were definitly file & folder permission issues involved - (i had uac disabled etc etc)

so when i came to wamp i installed it on a non vista drive (i have vista on "g" and all my websites and wamp on "f" - makes configuring apache .conf a load easier as well i think)

(i remember when i was installing mysql on xp that it was easier to install on a different drive than the system drive)

Posted by: PJkinann (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 06, 2007 04:10AM

>>>>>I think this is a great piece of program though as i have been trying to get php and apache running on vista for weeks and i just couldnt do it.<<<<

Yes, I went through that too before a friend told me about WAMP. I agree, it's a great program and it's very easy to run, just having a few glitches because of the new OS Vista. I ran it before in WinXP and it ran flawlessly. So I hope to eventually get it back up and running that way.

PJ

Posted by: MervynG (---.cache.isnet.net)
Date: February 10, 2007 07:08PM

hi guys and girls,

I've just starting using Vista today for the first time... I have been successfully using WAMP on 2000 without problem.

After I installed it in Vista it worked, once I change settings, quit and reloaded it didn't work again.

I thought I messed up some settings so I did the reinstall.... it worked and then stopped again after I exited and tried to load up again. I then tried to start the services from the menu in the system tray.... still nothing much happened.

After messing around a while I went into the services option from Control Panel and started both WAMP services manually and it works (even though in the system tray it tells you both services aren't running)

Hope this helps some one until the new version releases.

Mervyn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.