Need help....
Posted by: hockey97 (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 23, 2006 08:27PM

Hi I need to know how I could host my website to the public with this server, but I want to host my website professional like I want to have my own domain ect, I been looking on the internet trying to see how it can be done what I saw on the internet is that you havet to register your Domain name that you want and have a DNS server in order for people on the internet to be able to use the domain name to get to your website.

I know their are hosting services that do this for a fee but I want to spend less money possible. Also would like to know how websites can host online gameplay for example starcraft they have an online mode to play against alot of people how could that be done and is it possible to use this server for that??

I know this is alot to ask but I been searching on the internet and found stuff that explain's these stuff but in different way's and some was a totaly different how how they explained, but I ask here becuse I don't really have alot of time readings books on networking ect servers, and looking more on the internet.

Also I want to know how to setup up a e-mail server???
What is pEAR?? I saw that on one thread.
I have tried setting up a mail server using port 25 and I worked but when I try to send e-mail to anyone I get a mail error saying demon mailer, error could not find mail server.
that's what I would get back as a e-mail and the server had a debug tool and I used it and it showed nothing was wrong.

Post Edited (12-23-06 20:39)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help....
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 23, 2006 09:37PM

I know their are hosting services that do this for a fee but I want to spend less money possible. Also would like to know how websites can host online gameplay for example starcraft they have an online mode to play against alot of people how could that be done and is it possible to use this server for that??

The answer is yes, but you will spend more money, I mean much MUCH more money than through the web hosting. Just post a simple comparision here so you can see: you can find a web host for as low as $5/mth which includes a free domain and you don't have to worry about setup dns, vh, so on, while the lowest broadband speed you can find is about $15/mth and you also have to buy domain, pay for dns fee, setup vh, so on. That's just for a regular host, if talking about hosting for game is worst because you're talking about very dedicated high speed such as T1 and above which charges average $1,000/mth and up to 15 grand a month for T3 while they host a game server for you for only $100 - $200 / mth. you can find out more from this article

[www.microsoft.com]

Hope this help

[forum.wampserver.com]

[www.jlbn.com]
[test.jlbn.com]
[forum.jlbn.com]
[mail.jlbn.com]
[ftp.jlbn.com]
[www.jlbn.com]
[www.jlbn.com]

Post Edited (12-24-06 02:34)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: moneyhell (59.94.243.---)
Date: December 24, 2006 01:08AM

helllo

you can take game server on rent

no need to buy anything or T1 and T3

u can conatct me for hosting and game server at very good prices

add me in yahoo msngr jatts_fire@yahoo.com

welcome at any time and any country

www.cyber-fiction.com

Date: December 30, 2006 12:52AM

Hi I Understand that, but I want to know how to the cheapest way, I mean if you have your own stuff, what I mean is that if you buy the stuff and set it up you then have advertising on your website and work on getting traffic to it you will make much more money and have much more control than you would if you just pay 5 buck's a year to a server service which they have control on your site so if they edited somthing and the server crashes or somthing that will need maintainance then that would cost you more than 5 bucks a year so it's really how you look at it.

But If I do want to go the way I wanted to meaning to host my own website and game server ect.

I just want to know what wamp can do I mean can you use it to have a professional website up and running in no time with your own domain?

First off what is really a DNS server I mean can I use my home computer or would I need a server hardware stuff???

What I am really asking to sum it up is what can wamp do , can it do any professional host.

what's the downfall of it and is thier way's around it to make it running like a pro?

Posted by: Rivernet1 (---.du.volcano.net)
Date: December 30, 2006 01:07AM

Do a search (Google) for cheap hosting.

Be careful - you get what you pay for.

Things to look for :

* Free/Reduced price for domain registration

* Windows or Linux hosting

* If they offer MySQL/PHP support (and how many databases you get for your money...)

* See what their uptime is. (Remember - most hosting companies have HUGE diesel backup power plants in the event THEY lose AC power.)

* FTP / Control Panel use. To make your adminstration of your dmoain(s) easy.

Posted by: Rivernet1 (---.du.volcano.net)
Date: December 30, 2006 01:09AM

@Moneyhell - why does your URL point to a search page?

Date: December 30, 2006 08:23PM

I know their are services but I want to build my own dns I want full control becuse if I get those service I can't rely on them becuse they have the most control.

Let's say I have a company that sells operationg system software like windows and lI buy a service 5 bucks A month and I rely on that service and I get alot of customer's that go to my site to buy stuff ect and bill gates get's upset that I robbing his business all he need's to do is give my service provider 1 million bucks to shut down my service then my business goes down I then I lose my shirt.
What I am saying that I don't trust the service provider on hosting service becuse these things can happen, That's why most big business have their own server's ect but I know some websites that are professional and they host it at their house with no problems they even have their own dns server software and done it cheaply they don't live in the U.S but they get free internet services high speed and high bandwith.

so I know their are way's around that you can do somehting like what the pro's use for cheap prices.

I just gave an example that about bill gates I am not saying that he done that but he can if he wants to.

I know their are cheap services for website's, my service provider can host your website 5 bucks a year you get unlimited space and unlimited bandwith and multiple dns names. I chated with people who bought that service they said it's great but thier are down falls the 5 bucks a year service gives you also control on ad's but What I hear from current custmers that they have control but they don'tr tell people that they still put up add's like their are add's that go up with adult type add and some add's are virus type and some are fishing type.

I just want to have a website and a server that can handel my website and also host my games and e-mail services.

But I want to know what people can do with the Wamp server 5 in professional terms.
I know wamp server is nothing but combined free database software and toher stuff.

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 30, 2006 09:28PM

hockey97, you've got your point, but wampserver is for developers, so can't post detail here; however, if you want, you can email me what you expect to have in your server, I'll let you know it's possible or not.

Have fun

[www.jlbn.com] (testing web server)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes)
[forum.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB2)
[forums.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB3)
[mail.jlbn.com] (testing mailserver)
[ftp.jlbn.com] (testing ftp server)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing flashes)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing images)
[joomla.jlbn.com] (testing Joomla 1.0.10)
[fusion.jlbn.com] (testing phpFusion 6.01.6)
[nuke.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke 7.9)
[nukep.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Platinum 7.6.b.4v2)
[pnuke.jlbn.com] (testing PostNuke 0.800-MS2)
[nukevo.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Evolution 2.0.1)

Date: January 03, 2007 01:30AM

What's your e-mail adress???

I just want to have a e-mail server and a web server and able to host online games like graphic ones like for example unreal tournament or star craft ect.
But I want To be able to have my own domain name and able to make my e-mail domain name and be able to provide service for other people of an e-mail account ect,
I want the domain name like www.somthing.com when I put that in the adress I want it to go to my html file or any of my webpages ect not to the server or anything.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: January 03, 2007 07:46PM

That's easy... to guess

Mail server >>> Username + Domain = yfastud@jlbn.com

He he... actually, I've just created that mail so you can send mail to me.

Have fun

[www.jlbn.com] (testing web server)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes)
[forum.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB2)
[forums.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB3)
[mail.jlbn.com] (testing mailserver)
[ftp.jlbn.com] (testing ftp server)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing flashes)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing images)
[joomla.jlbn.com] (testing Joomla 1.0.10)
[fusion.jlbn.com] (testing phpFusion 6.01.6)
[nuke.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke 7.9)
[nukep.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Platinum 7.6.b.4v2)
[pnuke.jlbn.com] (testing PostNuke 0.800-MS2)
[nukevo.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Evolution 2.0.1)

Post Edited (01-03-07 19:54)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.