Apache Not Working
Posted by: Flash_Geek (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 23, 2006 12:44PM

Hi all,

I am new to wamp, and am having problems with apache. I have installed wamp 5 on my desktop, and it runs perfectly.

However, when I installed it on my laptop, the installation runs like a charm, but when I try to start wamp, apache does not start. The little server icon in my taskbar says that only one service is running. When I right click the wamp icon, I find that apache is not running, so I select apache, only to find that the "start service", "stop service", and "restart service" options are greyed out (I cannot select them). When I try to install apache by selecting the install service option, it tells me that there is an error.

Can anyone help me? I have searched the net for a solution to this problem with no avail. Any help with be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Post Edited (12-24-06 03:35)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache Not Working
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 23, 2006 05:06PM

Did you try to do this?

1. Left click and stop all services
2. Right click and exit wamp
3. Start/All Programs/WampServer/Start Wampserver

If still not working, try directly launch_wampserver.bat in wamp folder.

Posted by: Flash_Geek (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: December 24, 2006 01:33AM

Hi, I tried that, and the same message box comes up as when I try to install the apache service.

This is the message:

Apache.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point real_exit_code could not be located in the dynamic link library linhttpd.dll.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Ben

Post Edited (12-24-06 03:33)

Posted by: Twysted (---.blackford.ssi-pci.net)
Date: December 28, 2006 02:59AM

there seems to be alot of bugs in wamp5 still i get the same error for mysql

Posted by: Rivernet1 (---.du.volcano.net)
Date: December 28, 2006 03:29AM

How many times have you tried to install Apache? or WAMP? It sounds like a multiple install and something got borked.

Posted by: hageric (222.66.170.---)
Date: March 14, 2007 02:36AM

I had the same apache error. I uninstalled wamp and deleted C:\wamp folder before re installing wamp again and it worked.

Posted by: wwwebguru (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2007 06:57PM

Hey Flash, do a complete uninstall. Delete the /wamp/ directory, make sure all services are gone, everything. If you search the registry for wampapache and wampmysql and delete all keys associated with wamp, then restart the system. Once it comes up, verify that the services are gone and there is no residue from the previous installs. If everything is ok...reinstall wamp. It should run without a problem at this point. I have this running on a number of systems and anytime I have had a hickup with how it works it has always been something on my machine and NOT the program.

In any case...hope this helps.

WWWebGuru

Shawn S.
Northwest Web Creations.com

Re: Apache Not Working When Running WAMP
Posted by: padnag (---.phnx.qwest.net)
Date: October 04, 2007 09:03PM

Just posting since it could help others.

I was unable to get Apache to run in WAMP. Tried everything above but nothing helped.

Solution: Skype was running in the background. Once I quit skype I could start WAMP and both Apache and MySQL ran correctly.

How that helps.

Post Edited (10-04-07 21:04)

Gerald

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.