Setting up Multi Site Server
Posted by: Cascade (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: December 21, 2006 08:12PM

Hey everyone , this is my first post and im a little new on how all this works
I have managed to set up a basic first site using the index page in C:\wamp\www , and that works fine when i type my ip address into a browser , as it should.
Also how do add a domain name to any site i have created
I now also need to know how to create additional sites , a detailed easy to follow guide would be very helpfull and most apreciated

thanks
Cascade

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Setting up Multi Site Server
Posted by: hockey97 (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 23, 2006 08:50PM

Hi I am also new to this kinda well I am good with computer but weak in networking,
I am trying to find out a way to get my won domain name also.
What I found out you would need a DNS server meaning Domain Name Server, but to get it accessable on the internet you need to register your domain name to some companies that offer this becuse they have access to the backbones of the internet, they charge a fee. I have been looking for a way around this, but so far no luck. I haven't found a free Dns server so If anyone finds one tell me, Thats what you need to do at this point in order to have your own domain name. I have seen a free DNS server for linux users but not work windows.

as for additional sites if your using wamp ect you just need to put your website file into the folder that say's www.\ if you replaced the index page I don't know how you would do that I don't think their's a way, IF you find out tell me also becuse I would like to know also.

Hope this helps in any way.

Good luck. smiling smiley

Re: Setting up Multi Site Server
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 23, 2006 09:39PM

I have seen a free DNS server for linux users but not work windows.

Are you sure it's only for Linux because, as far as I know, DNS handles domain name and nothing to do w/ Linux or Windows.

Anyway, check my signature for basic setup, include info about free dns, so on.

Hope this help

[forum.wampserver.com]

[www.jlbn.com]
[test.jlbn.com]
[forum.jlbn.com]
[mail.jlbn.com]
[ftp.jlbn.com]
[www.jlbn.com]
[www.jlbn.com]

Post Edited (12-23-06 22:52)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.