installing pear on wamp?
Posted by: chinedu (---.nitelnet.com)
Date: December 12, 2006 04:34PM

hi,

I have been using your wonderful platform for development and it has proved invaluable - you have created a tool that let's web programmers - quickly test their creation.

I have problems getting PEAR to work - I have followed all the advice given on your forum and have scanned other just to understand what i didn't do right.

This was the error that i got when i ran a test script:

Warning: require_once(DB.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\PDF\testpear.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\PDF\testpear.php on line 2

note: i have included the necessary path and for pear - do you have any suggestions that i can follow?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: installing pear on wamp?
Posted by: radalin (---.ttnet.net.tr)
Date: December 12, 2006 08:41PM

Easily you could try putting DB.php in your web folder. Which will solve your problem. But seems that something is wrong with your pear path. You should check your php.ini file if pear path is entered or not. Just go to root/wamp/Apache2/bin and open php.ini and check if something like:

;***** Added by go-pear
include_path=".;C:\wamp\php\pear"
;*****

is added in it. If not, then you should add. It will solve your problem. (You should enter the right path location for pear btw)

Posted by: Mark Jones (---.buckeyecom.net)
Date: December 14, 2006 07:34PM

Also, make sure you are using <?PHP tags and not <? tags. I had just seen an identical problem caused from an included file which did not have the proper tags.

Posted by: Insomn3ak (63.149.202.---)
Date: November 10, 2007 12:20AM

I just started receiving this error after enabling a module in Joomla. However, it's not pointing to a specific file within the quotes, like the example above with 'DB.php'. Here's the error...

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '' (include_path='.;C:\wamp\php\PEAR') in C:\wamp\www\testsite\modules\mod_rokslide\mod_rokslide.php on line 11

Line 11 in that file is this:

require_once( $mainframe->getPath( 'front_html', 'com_content') );

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Posted by: toivo (203.19.130.---)
Date: November 10, 2007 01:27PM

Hi,

The error message means that the require_once statement was unable to find a file and returned a blank. The require_once statement attempts to find the file C:/wamp/www/testsite/components/com_content/content.html.php.

The component called com_content is a core component of Joomla and the system will not work without it. Are you trying to use RokSlide with Joomla 1.5? You may have to enable legacy mode, or install 1.0.13. For more details, see [www.rockettheme.com]

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 12, 2007 03:08AM

You need to install PEAR

Have fun,

[test.jlbn.net] (Sample Testing Codes for PHP, MySQL, ASP.net, SQL, JSP)
[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.