wow! was going to use wamp...
Posted by: zipppy (---.rmo.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 28, 2006 01:35AM

Was going to use this software but after reading all the issues I may change my mind.
After installing apache, php and mysql on my local machine I had all running fine with the exception of mysql which php did not see or recognize. php and apache are communing great together but know matter what I do by-the-book php does not see mysql.
As a suggestion in another forum to check this wear out and use, it appears that I would have more issues than I already have if I use wamp. What do you users of wamp think? Should I trash my 75% configuration that took me a few hours to set up or install wamp?
Seeking user advice,
Tim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wow! was going to use wamp...
Posted by: sizzzzlerz (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2006 03:20AM

I'm not sure just what messages you are referring to but I've installed WAMP on 5 different windows XP boxes, 3 laptops and 2 desktops, and each has run flawlessly from the initial install. I've also upgraded several of those machines to later releases equally without any problems what so ever.

Posted by: zipppy (---.rmo.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 28, 2006 03:53AM

take your pick!
just about any message below my message in the forum.

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 28, 2006 04:55AM

yep, i've installed wampserver for family, relative, firends, co-workers in more than 50 machines w/ different brands, even no brand, and never had any problem what so ever as well as you can see mine here

[test.jlbn.com]
[mail.jlbn.com]
[forum.jlbn.com]
[ftp.jlbn.com]
[jlbn.com]
[jlbn.com]

Posted by: Rene (---.k367.webspeed.dk)
Date: November 28, 2006 01:59PM

it works great!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.