virutal host wont work after update
Posted by: Necromantis (---.ukonline.co.uk)
Date: November 25, 2006 06:13PM

Hi,

I was running version 1.6.1 for quite some times (lets say over 6 months) and everything was perfect. I was really happy because I tried to install linux but I don't speak linuxian so we couldn't communicate after the install.

Then today the server crashed ( HD failure ). So I got a new HD and reinstall vindows + SP2 and the new Wamp 1.6.6

I changed the Host details in windows/system32/drivers/etc
I modified the httd.conf virtualhost
Restarted vindows

Put the sites online (thats new!?)

And its not working *arggg*

Which ever website I put in the address bar always return the same website?!
I also get PHP error which were not there before .. I'm guessing thats the new PHP (bleh!)

They are also some very strange "things" happening, home page flashes 3 or 4 times or sometimes says "The page cannot be displayed" yet if I refresh it works (?)

[thepathfinders.sytes.net]
&
[fireflyls.sytes.net]

(can I have version 1.6.1 back?)

Help pls confused smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: virutal host wont work after update
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: November 25, 2006 07:02PM

what did you add to the hosts file and what did you add to apache httpd.conf file?

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

Re: virutal host wont work after update
Posted by: Necromantis (---.ukonline.co.uk)
Date: November 25, 2006 08:44PM

Host:
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.0.220 fireflyls.sytes.net
192.168.0.220 thepathfinders.sytes.net

httpd.conf:
In section 3:

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.220>
DocumentRoot C:\websites\thepathfinders
ServerName thepathfinders.sytes.net
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.220>
DocumentRoot C:\websites\fireflyls
ServerName fireflyls.sytes.net
</VirtualHost>

I found a version of 1.6.1 so I uninstalled 1.6.6 , reinstalled 1.6.1, copied the backup over the 1.6.1 but I still had problems where the pages wouldn't load properly! like 1/2 the page would ..!?!

So I installed 1.6.6 and same things.. then I realised that my cd isn't sp2 like I thought it was .. ( doh!) so I downloaded and installed sp2 and everything is fine (except few php error but I can correct that)

Then I realised no one but the server could access the webpages and 5 minutes ago I slapped myself because of course after installing sp2 windows firewall goes on which blocked wamp (i'm so stupid sometimes!)

So.. It seams its all fine now smiling smiley and I am happy again lol (i'm easily pleased)

Thanks very much smiling smiley
(Merci Beaucoup pour tout le temp que vous mettez dans se project smiling smiley )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.