Joomla 1.5 with WAMP5
Posted by: RoyHaaland (213.225.81.---)
Date: November 18, 2006 12:50AM

Hei, I have installed two Joomla 1.5 sites in www, and keep getting these errors when I try to edit my content or open menus:

Warning: opendir(C:\wamp\www\11a\administrator\cache\) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Invalid argument in C:\wamp\www\11a\libraries\pear\cache\Lite.php on line 611

Catchable fatal error: Object of class JDatabaseMySQL could not be converted to string in C:\wamp\www\11a\libraries\joomla\database\table.php on line 678

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in C:\wamp\www\armour\administrator\components\com_templates\controller.php on line 36

Does anybody know what causes this?

Only adjustmenst I have made in my httpd.conf is this:

ServerName pavilion:80
(my computername, I access the sites from other PC's on LAN)

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from 192.168.1
(added the last line to get access to the server)

Did I miss anything, or worse, dit I make this mess myselv by tampering the config file? winking smiley

Regards, Roy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Joomla 1.5 with WAMP5
Posted by: yfastud (---.il-chicago0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: November 18, 2006 01:08AM

where you get that "pavilion" server name, remember you just can't make up any server name as you want since it will absolutely not working.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: November 18, 2006 01:11AM

post this in the joomla support forum.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

Posted by: RoyHaaland (213.225.81.---)
Date: November 19, 2006 10:35PM

Well, after some time in the Joomla forum, it seems to be the PHP 5.2 that is causing the problem.

[forum.joomla.org]

I will try to uninstall WAMP 1.6.6, and try 1.6.5

(To yfastud, pavilion is my computername, and it works as a server name localy and over LAN)

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 20, 2006 02:54AM

Well, my joomla work fine with 1.6.5

Posted by: ws0x9 (---.ded.btitelecom.net)
Date: May 11, 2007 06:29PM

Has anyone gotten the FTP configuration to work in Joomla 1.5 Beta? If so, what are the wamp "FTP" settings?

Date: May 11, 2007 08:24PM

Let me clarify. I'm not trying to ftp in, I'm just trying to configure the new FTP layering that comes with 1.5. I'm having trouble hunting down the info, if there is any, to make joomla think we can ftp.

Date: May 12, 2007 03:43AM

wamp does not come with a ftp server. but you dont need one since you can just put your website files in their proper location yourself.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Date: May 14, 2007 02:56PM

If I'm trying to create an environment close to my web server I'm looking to at least "fool" Joomla into thinking wamp has a ftp server. Can manually install one into the wamp installation?

Posted by: redundant (---.187-72.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2007 04:17PM

@Cyber: Joomla 1.5 has the ability to store FTP settings. This is not to upload the website, but rather for "Admin Users" you define in the Administration of Joomla. So, after an Admin User logs into Joomla's admin, there is an interface to, for example, upload a button via the web-interface--which use the ftp settings. This is the reason folks are trying to set this up locally (testing), not for transferring the site to their server.

So, since Wampserver doesnt come with an FTP server, any suggestions for setting this up locally to simulate a live environment for testing?
Thanks

Post Edited (05-25-07 16:17)

Date: May 25, 2007 04:39PM

that is not a wamp issue, post this in the joomba forum

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.