pear install fails
Posted by: brtanner (---.z200-95-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: November 09, 2006 02:31AM

Hi - I ran go-pear.bat from windows explorer, command line routine launched fine, but when I press enter to accept file and dir layout I get many instances of:
"Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line (xxx)" also a couple of "could not get contents of package "". invalid tgz file." also a couple of could not initialize "phar://...(etc.) invalid or missing package" messages. Is there a fix for this. Otherwise, WAMP 5 v. 1.1.6 has been berry berry good to me. thx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pear install fails
Posted by: Quiffy (---.cable.ubr10.uddi.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: November 09, 2006 02:25PM

Hi there!

Mine was the same. I eventually got somewhere by following the instructions on pears own site (the installation guide starts at [pear.php.net]). Using this got me as far as having pear installed and being able to download new packages for use.

Couldn't actually get the damn thing working tho but that was probably an error on my part with the include directories!!

Hope this helps!

Posted by: disc (---.ppp.idknet.com)
Date: November 10, 2006 05:10PM

Please say me how setup and configure pear in wamp

Date: November 10, 2006 05:56PM

developers phpteam help me:

Are you installing a system-wide PEAR or a local copy?
(system|local) [system] :

Below is a suggested file layout for your new PEAR installation. To
change individual locations, type the number in front of the
directory. Type 'all' to change all of them or simply press Enter to
accept these locations.

1. Installation base ($prefix) : E:\wamp\php
2. Binaries directory : E:\wamp\php
3. PHP code directory ($php_dir) : E:\wamp\php\pear
4. Documentation directory : E:\wamp\php\pear\docs
5. Data directory : E:\wamp\php\pear\data
6. Tests directory : E:\wamp\php\pear\tests
7. Name of configuration file : C:\WINDOWS\pear.ini
8. Path to CLI php.exe : E:\wamp\php\.

1-8, 'all' or Enter to continue:
Beginning install...
Configuration written to C:\WINDOWS\pear.ini...
Initialized registry...

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command.php on line 268

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command.php on line 268

Preparing to install...
installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/Archive_Tar-1.3.1.tar...
installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/Console_Getopt-1.2.tar...
installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/PEAR-1.4.11.tar...

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2334

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2338
Could not get contents of package "". Invalid tgz file.
Cannot initialize 'phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/Archive_Tar-1.3.1.tar', invalid or missing package file

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2334

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/Archive/Tar.php on line 2338
Cannot initialize 'phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/Console_Getopt-1.2.tar', invalid or missing package file

Cannot initialize 'phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarballs/PEAR-1.4.11.tar', invalid or missing package file

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command/Install.php on line 427

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command/Install.php on line 427

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Command/Install.php on line 429

install failed

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: November 10, 2006 08:07PM

[codewalkers.com]

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

Posted by: roms (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: November 11, 2006 12:41AM

Hi, this seems to be a bug in PHP 5.2.0. Try to do the online install going threw [pear.php.net]

Romain

Date: November 11, 2006 01:15PM

Wamp is server for Windows. How install pear on windows ?

????

Post Edited (11-13-06 13:44)

Posted by: abaird (38.117.247.---)
Date: November 22, 2006 12:11AM

I ran into the same problem here is how I fixed it:

goto [go-pear.org] and copy the file as described below. The readfile didn't work for me so I just manually saved the page to a "go-pear" on my HD. Then I executed the "php go-pear" command (make sure you have php in your path or are in c:\wamp\php).

Follow the directions as go-pear executes and should be fine. However, note that for some reason wamp has 2 php.ini files, one in wamp\Apache2\bin and one in wamp\php. I don't know the *right* way to resolve this but I just made sure that the files were the same for me. The only thing the Pear installer appears to have put in my php.ini file is the include statement which is at the bottom of the file.

Everything works fine now...

# Installation: Windows
#
# On Windows, go-pear uses stdin for user input, so you must download
# go-pear first and then run it:
#
# Note: In PHP 4.2.0-4.2.3, the PHP CLI binary is named php-cli.exe while since
# PHP 4.3.0, it's simply named php.exe in the cli/ folder of your PHP directory.
# The CGI is also named php.exe but it sits directly in your PHP directory.
#
# > cli/php -r "readfile('http://pear.php.net/go-pear');" > go-pear
# > cli/php go-pear
#
# In PHP 5.0.0+, the PHP CLI binary is php.exe
#
# > php -r "readfile('http://pear.php.net/go-pear');" > go-pear
# > php go-pear

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.