phpmyadmin help
Posted by: canadiengland (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 11:03AM

when i try to access the phpmyadmin alias, i get:

phpMyAdmin - Error
Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

not sure what to do here...

tried a few things but nothing has worked so far.

help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpmyadmin help
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 09:02PM

if you installed wamp, then the mysql extension is enabled by default when you install wamp. however, if you installed php on your computer yourself, starting with php 5, the developers of php decided to set the mysql extension not enabled by default.

you need to edit your php.ini file and enable mysql extension yourself. if you have wamp installed, your php file is:
C:\wamp\Apache2\bin\php.ini

if you installed php yourself, php.ini is usually located here:
c:\WINDOWS\php.ini

find this line in your php.ini file:
;extension=php_mysql.dll

to enable that extension, remove the semicolon at the beginning of the line like this:
extension=php_mysql.dll

now save the file and restart apache for the new settings to take effect.

if you do not know where your php.ini file is located use phpinfo() to find the path to your php.ini file.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

Date: November 06, 2006 09:50PM

already checked that, enabled both mysql and both mysqli before posting here. still need help!

i had installed apache 2.2x, php 5.0.2, and mysql 5.something before installing wamp - then deleted them before installing wamp. would this have anything to do with it?

Date: November 06, 2006 09:58PM

well - to anyone else who is having this problem, i figured out how to fix it.

when i had previously installed all of the above, there were some scattered bits of data left over in their Program Files folders, respectively. So after add/removing programs and getting rid of the old installations, i deleted the PHP, MYSQL, and APACHE folders from my C: (the ones not associated with wamp).

thanks for the attempted help tho guys! keep up the good work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.