Mysql
Posted by: ispi (---.232-64-87.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: October 30, 2006 07:11PM

I had to reinstall windows due to a crash. but wamp was fully installed on another drive. Not reinstalled i can startup wamp but my mysql databases are gone. is it possible to recover them?

ispi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mysql
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 30, 2006 10:20PM

no

Re: Mysql
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 31, 2006 11:59PM

So after re-install windows and before re-install wampserver, you already had wamp folder with everything in it in a different drive? If so, the answer is no if you do it the proper way, and yes it you try it another way around. Don't be so excited since it's not a proper way, it's not guaranty working 100% though, but worth to try out because you don't have anything more to loose, right?

Before attempting to do anything, make sure to make an extra copy of that full original wamp folder to somewhere else safe.

I had a same problem before. Because I use mysql to store images and also setup my mother language for our forum, so before re-install windows I did search around for proper way to make a backup from mysql. Guess what, after re-install windows, wampserver and restore the backup the proper way, images didn't show up and my mother language show up with weird characters. I thought "Oh man! All gone". Fortunately, I still had the full original wamp folder, and after play around with it for a while, I finally find another way to restore and everything works as expected, or at least in my case.

So can you say "yes" to all these questions

1. Before the crash, everything is setup by default, I mean everything should be inside wamp folder?
2. The current wampserver and the previous one are the same version?
3. After re-install windows and before re-install wampserver, make an extra backup of full original wampserver to somewhere else?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.