php and mysql setup problem
Posted by: ozchris (---.perm.iinet.net.au)
Date: October 26, 2006 07:16AM

I can't seem to get php and mysql services up.

A few years ago I had an older wamp installed, but deleted it last year thru lack of use.
Did uninstall process, deleted folders etc.

Earlier this year I installed MySQL for use with ColdFusion. That worked ok. It doesn't run on startup - I manually start up sql when i want to use it.

Today I tried to install the latest version of wamp5, so I could install a third-party php site, and learn how to modify it.

Ran WAMP5 setup.

The WAMP icon keeps saying none of 2 services running.
When I select restart all services, it goes yellow for a while (1 service), then back to red (none).

Apache was installed ok. I can go to localhost in my browser and get the apache test page up.

When I go to windows services, i have apache2, mysql, wampmysqld listed.
According to the wamp presentation section it was supposed to have
- service' wampapache' : apache service
- service 'wampmysql' : mysql service
but i couldnt see these.

Clicking on the wamp icon, and selecting phpmyadmin, i get localhost/phpmyadmin page not found in my browser.

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php and mysql setup problem
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 26, 2006 04:49PM

you have 2 mysql installed and you have 2 apaches installed. when you go to localhost you should see wamps homepage, not a apache test page. you need to remove your older versions of apache and mysql. also, to make sure everything works ok, I would completely uninstall your old apache and mysql plus wamp. and then delete the c:\wamp folder, restart your computer and reinstall wamp again.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.