configure wamp and eclipse together
Posted by: westondance (---.202-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 25, 2006 07:51PM

I've got wamp up and running easily.
I've got eclipse up and running (not so easy). I am using phpeclipse, css, xhtml and jseclipse modules within the eclipse platform.

I would like to configure apache to parse the created files from my eclipse workspace

-- or --

I would like to configure eclipse to have a workspace inside my docroot.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: configure wamp and eclipse together
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 25, 2006 10:11PM

well congrats on getting eclipse installed, that it a tough program to install. however, you should post this question in an eclipse support forum.

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 26, 2006 12:44AM

So what good about eclipse?

Posted by: westondance (---.202-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2006 04:59PM

In answer to your question about what's good about eclipse. I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I'll tell you what it does for me in my very small world.

I do PHP, CSS, HTML and JavaScript and am moving into Java and Ruby. Before I used Zend's IDE. Zend's IDE would do auto-completion on PHP functions, classes and remember my variables. So much time is saved in building apps when you don't have to remember what you called that variable or that method name, etc...

This is great for PHP, but I wanted the same thing in JavaScript and CSS. Eclipse gives me autocomplete in ALL of the languages that I work with. This is just one of the many features that eclipse has. Once I get the server up and running with it, I'll also be able to debug and run sql queries from the same interface. It also has support for JavaDoc style documentation of your code.

The learning curve on Eclipse is quite steep for the average user. But from what I can see it is well worth the time and effort for later productivity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.