Remote Access to Wampserver
Posted by: crosswire (---.lao.on.ca)
Date: October 25, 2006 05:46PM

Goodday,
Im working on a database project on my workstation.Nothing is online yet.Its all testing phase.however, i want to show another person on his computer how my database works.
How do i do it.

Does wampsever have to be online?

Also, how can i have users login to the database and how can i log users using the database.Do i have to create usernames for each user?I have just 20 ppl who will be accessing the database.
Do i do all this coding from wampserver of through my php/sql program?

Thanks

Ps: I tried the virtual host from ure instructions and not sure, im getting a asetan tray error from menu item when i put it online..

I never had that b4.
So i just put the backup httpd.conf back in the confg files and wampserver works fine.
I just wanted to see if i could acces my database from another computer here at work.

Post Edited (10-25-06 18:38)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remote Access to Wampserver
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 25, 2006 07:00PM

Post your vh setup here, people will help you out. Remember not to use your real domain or ip if you don't want people access your sites.

Post Edited (10-25-06 19:04)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 25, 2006 07:27PM

do not use virtual host unless you have a domain name. If the people who will be viewing your database have their own version of mysql installed on their computers, you could just dump your database to an sql file, and then they can import it into their servers.

if you trust these users then you dont need to worry about setting up users, they could just login to phpmyadmin to see your database

English Forum Admin

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 25, 2006 11:54PM

I think you mean "phpMyAdmin Central Copy", the ISP style, look like this:

[i117.photobucket.com]

In which each user has to provide a set of username and password to login your MySQL database through phpMyAdmin; then, (s)he can only uses her/his assigned database only, and of course unable to see and/or access the others' databases.

Correct me if you mean somthing else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.