Image Magick on WAMP
Posted by: aaron (---.pools.arcor-ip.net)
Date: October 21, 2006 11:42PM

If there is anyone that can walk me thru setting up Image Magick to work with a Classified Ads program i'm running, I would be very thankful. I'll be honest, I don't know how i've got as far as I have. I've tried to download and Install Image Magick, but it just never seems to work right, or the program can't find the correct path.

I've noticed that there is a imagick plugin under one of the folders within WAMP, is this maybe something I just need to turn on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Image Magick on WAMP
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 22, 2006 10:01AM

you need to install the imagemagick library yourself, then edit your php.ini file and find this line:

;extension=php_imagick.dll

to enable that extension, remove the semicolon at the beginning of that line. now save the file, and then restart apache for your new setting to take effect.

I just happen to have an imagemagick book in pdf format I recently bought for php. it has an entire chapter dedicated to installing and setting up imagemagick for both linux and windows

Book:
Packt Publishing: ImageMagick Tricks Web Image Effects from the Command Line and PHP
[www.amazon.com]

Download Book Link:
[download.yousendit.com]

Helpfull Links
[en.wikipedia.org]
[www.imagemagick.org]

Posted by: aaron (---.pools.arcor-ip.net)
Date: October 22, 2006 09:57PM

Thanks for the helpful info, i'm not sure how i did it, but i'm pretty sure I got it workin. I don't recall activating the module, but who knows, i'm just glad it works. The classified ad site now resizes all image down to 400x400 and takes 1mb files down to like 64 bits or somthing like that.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 09:22PM

the yousendit link i posted is not longer valid, so I have reuploaded the book to a new website so others can download it.

Download Here:
[rapidshare.com]

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.