NET START wampapache error
Posted by: Tarnaurion (---.341-1-64736c10.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se)
Date: October 20, 2006 03:17PM

Today when I was going to work on a project, Apache wouldn't start. I got an error 2185 (NET HELPMSG 2185), which seems to have something to do with unregistered services. This happen out of the blue.

I've search the forum for relevant info, did find an old thread which said that one should re-install wamp, but it didn't work.

[forum.wampserver.com]

I've tried to re-install, restart WinXP and re-install, uninstall and delete the wamp-directory and install - but i get the same error all the time. MySQL seems to work fine, though.

Only 2 things that may have interfered, which is yesterday i installed IE7 final (only use it for testing my websites) and a few days ago installed Spybot.

Thankfully!
//Andreas

Post Edited (10-20-06 15:17)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NET START wampapache error
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 20, 2006 03:38PM

Probabley spybot cause I'm using IE7 for a while and never have that problem. BTW, when you uninstall and before re-install, did you also clean the register? If not, check faq for how to do it.

Hope this help

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 20, 2006 08:33PM

ie is just a web browser, it has nothing to do with any kind of problems starting apache. do you have any other versions of apache installed? do you have any other webserver installed like iis in windows xp pro, 2000, and 2003? all webservers use port 80. if some program is using that port, then your webserver will not start. also make sure apache is allowed in your firewall.

do you run skype? skype uses port 80 too. if it is running apache will not start. disable skype and try to start apache again.

Posted by: Tarnaurion (---.341-1-64736c10.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se)
Date: October 20, 2006 10:24PM

I solved it on my own, but thanks a lot for the tips! grinning smiley

I used "install service" in the wamp->apache menu and now it works. I still don't know what made apache misbehave before... and now I use port 80 for apache and another for IIS (just in case), before i had apache on 8080. Worked fine. I also used Skype on occasion, with no problems, probebly 'cuz i had apache on 8080. BTW, you can make Skype not use port 80.

@yfastud: I used IE7 beta 2 before formating and XP re-install and worked fine. But you never know what MS does with the final product. Correct me if I'm wrong, i might be little wrong, but IE is built into the OS and you never know what happens if you install IE. winking smiley

TCGB!
//Andreas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.