Mysql not runing
Posted by: crosswire (---.lao.on.ca)
Date: October 19, 2006 06:44PM

I have wamp installed, The apache is running but not mysql.I did the password etc on it.
Any advice?thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mysql not runing
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 19, 2006 07:21PM

Did you change anything recently? If you just install wampserver, suggest uninstall and reinstall it. Check my post here for basic setup

[forum.wampserver.com]

Hope this help

Post Edited (10-19-06 19:24)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: October 20, 2006 07:06PM

Well my wampserver not running at all,it shows the icon at the bottom.Im on restricted computer that means at work and no installation. would that make a diference?I could install the program but the icon shows red and nothing started..Shold it be installed b4 a restriction access is applied to the computer?
thanks

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 20, 2006 08:04PM

Yes, it does. Even your company might not have any restriction, but the chance is your company's server already occupied port 3306. Eventhough you can change listen 3306 to something else, but it would conflict with your company's server and causes you more problem, even might crash your company's server, too. Challenge is good but not too far in risky. Good luck.

Post Edited (10-20-06 20:15)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: October 20, 2006 08:10PM

Ok, the IT guy gave me priviledges.
So this is whats happening..My apache server is runing but MYSQl is not.the icon is half yellow.I put in the password everything for Mysql through the config.edit.php file thing and also got the same password working through the mysql console.
But it wont run.I click on start service, it shows the icon as white but then goes back to half yellow..

My phpadmin works tho.
any ideas.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 20, 2006 08:16PM

yfastud, apache uses port 80, not mysql. mysql uses port 3306. if mysql will not start make sure you do not have any other copys of mysql running or any other program that may be using that port. also make sure you allow mysql in your firewall.

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 20, 2006 08:16PM

Did you read my post?

Date: October 20, 2006 08:27PM

Yes i have..i changed the password accordingly, My ports are correct as stated above.

Funny thing is that, at home, wampserver is just isntalled but i nevr changed any password etc in mysql etc and it runs fine..But when i tried here at work, doesnt seem to work.However, is there are way to default mysql to its original settings ... where you had the option of entering a password etc in the console.
i ununstalled and reinstalled and also cleaned out registry,but it still doesnt work and mysql is still using my old password.

Post Edited (10-20-06 20:56)

Date: October 20, 2006 09:48PM

if you have deleted and tried to reinstall wamp as you say and mysql still asks for you old password then you did not completely or correctly uninstall wamp. or, you have another copy running on your computer. if you installed another wamp type of program like easyphp or apachefriends xamp, you need to make sure they are all uninstalled too.

Date: October 23, 2006 03:23PM

ok got it to work with no old password.thanks

Post Edited (10-23-06 15:45)

Date: October 23, 2006 04:34PM

Use old password when you switch to php4, if i'm not wrong.

Date: October 23, 2006 04:56PM

no, use old_passwords has nothing to do with php, use it when upgrading mysql. mysql 5 uses an authentication protocol based on a password hashing algorithm that is incompatible with that used by older (pre-4.1) clients.

[dev.mysql.com]

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Admin

Date: October 23, 2006 05:24PM

thanks, it clears my confused about that

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.