Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: problems getting started with WAMP
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 23, 2006 07:43PM

To digitaldissection, sorry for gave wrong suggestion since I started to learn wamp on my own not long enough and mostly on configuration and am a very clumsy coder myself, so follows cyberspatium's suggestion and cross your fingers. Have fun.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hockey97 (---.col.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 24, 2006 03:45AM

Hi , I runned my wamp server, I have 2 computers one is uptstairs which is the one that has the wamp server and a computer downstairs their on a same network and we use a router linksystem, I put in the ip adress in the browser on the computer downstair's the one without the wamp server, and it work I could access the server, however I ask friends to do it they didn't so when I went to school I tried it and it could not find the server, my computer at home was on all day with the wamp server running, so I know that it's not being public how could I do this??

Now about the DNS server, would I need A name server?? I don't fully undertand about the DNS server and name server I don't know what's the difference , I really want to have my own domain name without paying anyone and I want to have the control of it.

I got a freeware mail server that has a spam filter and virus protection, software that goes with it.

Thanks for your time.

Posted by: digitaldissection (---.cable.ubr10.live.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: October 24, 2006 11:56AM

CyberSpatium, thanks for the info. You seem to know a fair bit, can you help me with this;

When I launch my index page in 'localhost' and click the button in the Flash Movie , a button linked to a PHP page I think, I get an error ;

Forbidden
You dont have permission to access this file on this server

And when I try and launch a php page in Dreamweaver, I get;

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'db213.1and1.fr' (11001) in C:\wamp\www\DEAD RABBIT\wsb4065777401\catalogue\includes\functions\database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

Any idea what Im doing wrong/need to change? As far as I know the site Im editing doesnt have a database (theres no .sql file that I can find anyway)

Thanks a lot in advance

bang bang beep bang

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.