images not loading completely
Posted by: cblaich (141.155.194.---)
Date: October 05, 2006 09:06AM

Hello,

I have WAMP5 1.6.5 installed on Windows. Whenever I try to load an image larger than about 50Kb on the server it doesn't finish loading and there is a large grey bar on the bottom half of the image. This is true for both Internet Explorer and Firefox. I can view the images locally without any problem. I have tried messing around with the config files but I am a complete novice at configuring servers and I don't know where I'd even begin to resolve this issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: images not loading completely
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 11, 2006 12:25AM

Where and how did you load them? I'm using 1.6.5 too but didn't have that problem at all. check here:

[test.jlbn.com]

[xalbum.jlbn.com] w/ use: tester and pass: test

If not sure what to do, better not messing around w/ config files. Except vh, I mostly didn't change anything in config files.

Posted by: nawie (212.181.114.---)
Date: October 12, 2006 12:18PM

I have the same problem. I had an older version of WAMP. Then i decided to try to reinstall WAMP. So i downloaded the new version of WAMP and installed. But, the problem is still there.

Anyone know any solution for this issue?

Date: October 12, 2006 10:05PM

I just put the images in my www directory and loaded them in a browser using localhost. I don't put the server online for other people to see because it is just a test server that I use to test my projects in before I upload them to a final server. But because a lot of the work that I do involves manipulating images and not just displaying them, it is really annoying not being able to test my projects on the localhost.

Posted by: nawie (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: October 16, 2006 08:20PM

i use my server as the endserver. So because large images doesnt load completely i have to lower the quality on them to make them work. And i cannot display larger pictures at all just because of that. Nor can anyone download bigger files than ~50kb. If they do, the files will end up being corrupt.

Someone please help!

Date: October 16, 2006 11:39PM

Did you guy try to change the size of upload_max_filesize in php.ini in wamp/php yet? If not, try it then post back here.

Hope this help.

Date: October 17, 2006 04:39AM

upload_max_filesize is set to 2M which should be more than enough for most images

Posted by: nawie (---.tbcn.telia.com)
Date: October 19, 2006 12:43AM

Tried to change upload_max_filesize in php.ini. Using 50M right now and same problem.

Date: October 19, 2006 01:03AM

Read your old posts again, it seems you have problem only when you manipulate the images but not when displaying them, right? In that case, honestly you should check your codes, especially the time it takes for loading the images is over the limit that apache / php permit. Or you might want to increase that time in config files. Remember, I just guess only, so don't blame me for not working.

Hope this help.

Date: October 19, 2006 06:37PM

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm certain this problem has nothing to do with my actionscript code. I can not display images even when I try to display them by using something like [localhost] in a browser. My point was that because I can not see the images I can not tell if my code is working. Anyway, how would I go about increasing the time limit for image loading? I didn't see any variables fitting that description in my config files. Thanks again.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: October 19, 2006 07:11PM

it's apache / php config file, but wait a minute, where did you put that image. Is it in wamp/www? If so, and you can't even see it like that, check your browser actionX, if I'm not wrong, which control image loading. It might be nothing to do w/ apache.

Post Edited (10-19-06 19:19)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: October 20, 2006 08:57PM

make sure apache is running or you your webfiles will not get parced.

Date: October 20, 2006 10:50PM

I know the images are where they are supposed to be because they load partially. It's not an issue of not being able to find the images, it's an issue of not finishing loading them if they are over ~50k. I have apache running so that's not the problem. I'm not sure what you mean by actionX but I'm pretty sure the problem has something to do with the way the server is configured and I need to change something in http.conf or php.ini.

Date: October 20, 2006 11:25PM

your php.ini file has nothing to do with not being able to load imagesin your script. you either have an error, or for expample if you are trying using gd, then you need to make sure the gd2 extension is enabled.

Posted by: ddobbs (64.241.229.---)
Date: October 31, 2006 06:23PM

I too am I having this error. It must be a problem with Win XP in combination with runnning WAMP locally.

Even directly browsing to images (jpg's,gif's, or png's) like so...

[localhost]

any image file that is over 60Kb causes the display problem (the image displays only a certain percentage and the rest looks corrupted, png's dont show up at all except that the width and height are correct)

It'd be nice to find a solution to this problem.

looks like others have experienced this too with no answer...

[www.webmasterworld.com]

Date: October 31, 2006 07:16PM

this is quite possibly not a wamp error. do you have any windows optimization programs installed like system mechanic, tuneup utilities, norton system works, etc? does the same thing happen visiting other websites? they try to optimize your internet settings but sometimes it does not work correctly. uninstall any of those type of programs. if that does not work try a system restore.

CyberSpatium
WAMP English Forum Administrator

Posted by: stef0 (---.speed.planet.nl)
Date: November 11, 2006 01:00PM

I got this problem too and I also think it is a problem of WAMP. It does not matter what browser I use. My windows XP is fully updated.
But it is quite anoying!
I can not imagine nobody has solved this yet?! :|

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.