help configure php
Posted by: micbaah (---.4u.com.gh)
Date: October 03, 2006 03:22PM

i'm not sure if i need to configure php. It simply doesnt work. The php admin also seems fine but no php scripts are processed.
i need help

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help configure php
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 03, 2006 08:17PM

your php code needs to be parched by apache before it will work. so, start apache, then put all your website files(html, php, images, etc) in your c:\wamp\www folder. to see your website open your web browser and surf to [localhost]

Posted by: fajarvm@hotmail.com (---.adsl.wanadoo.nl)
Date: October 06, 2006 06:42PM

I think I have the same problem here.

I used WAMP before it was running perfectly and one day I needed to reformat my computer.
Now I reinstall the very same version of wamp, then change the DocumentRoot to somewhere else ( D:/www/myweb instead of c:/wamp/www)

When I go to localhost, wamp wont read/parse any php script on this folder. But crazy enaough it will parse php anywhere else: phpmyadmin works fine, php inside subfolders of the root will be parsed just fine as well (D:/www/myweb/sub/file.php)

Did I miss something?

One more question, on the system tray you can choose to edit php.ini under the menu config, where can i find this file? I opeened the one in the wamp/php folder or in the system32 folder but it's not it.
(I wrote a little note just after [PHP] line to determine that it's the file that was edited from the config menu)

Posted by: fajarvm@hotmail.com (---.adsl.wanadoo.nl)
Date: October 06, 2006 06:55PM

I am terribly sorry, I jumped to conclusion too quickly.

My problem was this: the short_open_tag was turned off and the php files on the root coincidently was those with short open tags :p
So I change that line on the php.ini file to 'on' and everything was back to normal.

But still that one question; where can I find this php.ini file that the wamp system tray has access to?

Posted by: roms (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: October 06, 2006 07:16PM

in the apache2/bin/ directory

Romain

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.