PhpMyAdmin Public with Wamp
Posted by: miffe (---.prod-infinitum.com.mx)
Date: September 30, 2006 05:20AM

I can access phpmyadmin by [localhost] or from the console in wamp... but how can I make /phpmyadmin publicly available to access from the net in case i need to make mod's from somewhere else?

thanks
- miffe

ok man

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PhpMyAdmin Public with Wamp
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 30, 2006 09:40AM

if you want to make your wamp server accessible to the outside world put wamp in online mode and use your ip address to connect to your server, not localhost. if you want to make phpmyadmin accessible to the outside world I highly recommend you take steps to secure your phpmyadmin because there is no security in place and anyone can access your mysql data and steal it, change it, delete it, or anything they want to it.

since wamp comes with the mysql root user set with no password, I highly suggest you add a password for the root use

follow the second post in the link below. then open your phpmyadmin config file and change the auth type from config to cookie. also enter some random number and letters into the blowfish setting. save the file and the next time you access phpmyadmin you will see a login screen. enter root for the user name and enter whatever password you changed the root use to use.

[forum.wampserver.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.