Unable to uninstall Wamp
Posted by: marko (---.lns2.syd7.internode.on.net)
Date: September 25, 2006 05:40AM

Hi there,
I have a version of WAMP5 Version 1.4.3 on my Windows XP PC.
I would like to uninstall this ( and possibly upgrade to the latest version ) - but I am unable to uninstall the program. I do not have any record of Wamp in my control panel - under Add/Remove Programs - nor do I have an 'uninstall wampserver' link in the 'Start' menu.

I can see wamp files under C:\wamp - including the wampserver.exe - but no reference to an uninstall file. I am a complete novice with Wamp - this version of Wamp was installed by a third party and I do not know how it was installed originally - can anyone point me in the right direction here please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unable to uninstall Wamp
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: September 25, 2006 08:59AM

C:\wamp\unins000.exe

Posted by: marko (---.lns2.syd7.internode.on.net)
Date: September 26, 2006 06:05AM

Thanks CyberSpatium,
Unfortunately I do not have this .exe file -

I only have the following files:
install_services.bat
install_services_auto.bat
launch_wampserver.bat
license.txt
mywampini10.patch
unsinstall_services.bat
wamp5.chm
wampserver.exe
wampserver.ico
wampserver.ini

I also have the following folders
Apache
mysql
php
tmp

Can I download this file?

Post Edited (09-26-06 06:05)

Date: September 26, 2006 02:49PM

you should be able to uninstall wamp using the add/remove feature in your control panel

start button -> control panel -> add or remove programs

Posted by: marko (---.lns2.syd6.internode.on.net)
Date: September 27, 2006 01:11AM

Hi CyberSpatium ,
Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid not - as I said in my original post - I do not have any record of Wamp in my control panel - under Add/Remove Programs?

This is driving me bananas - what should I do here - can anyone help me out.?

I have been looking for an answer for the last two days. Should I simply delete the whole of C:/wamp and install the latest version of Wamp and hope for the best?

Date: September 27, 2006 09:48AM

what version of wamp are you using now? depending on what version of mysql you currently have, there maybe some problems upgrading mysql.

I am not the author of wamp, so I can tell you exactly what to do to uninstall everything. if you did not install apache or mysql as a service you should be ok deleting the entire wamp folder, then installing the latest version of wamp.

you can also keep your wamp, and upgrade, but you most likely use mysql_upgrade and mysql_fix_privilege_tables to find and fix any problems. I have a few links below for you so you can see for youself and help you out.

just remember, you only need to perform the steps below if you chose to upgrade your version of wamp, not if you are performing a clean install.

mysql_upgrade — Check Tables for MySQL Upgrade
[dev.mysql.com]

mysql_fix_privilege_tables — Upgrade MySQL System Tables
[dev.mysql.com]

Upgrading from MySQL 4.1 to 5.0
[dev.mysql.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.