Use DNS Name
Posted by: jonty_rocks3 (---.brhm.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: September 23, 2006 10:54AM

Hi,
Is it possible to use a DNS name runeshq.homedns.org instead of localhost so I can have the page on the internet and not on localhost?
Thanks in advance,
Jonty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Use DNS Name
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: September 23, 2006 04:25PM

if you do not have your own domain name use
[www.dyndns.com]

if you have your own domain name use
htttp://www.zoneedit.com/

Date: September 23, 2006 07:51PM

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
However I already have a DNS name and would like to use it with WAMP5 how do I configure WAMP5 to use my DNS name? Thanks.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: September 23, 2006 09:39PM

just tie your subdomin to your ip address and your subdomain will now work with your server.

Date: September 23, 2006 10:20PM

i used to have a standalone apache with the DNS runeshq.homedns.org and it worked fine but I couldnt get MySQL to work so I got WAMP5. How do I change it so WAMP5 will use the DNS Name runeshq.homedns.org? What do I need to change the Apache Config file to? Thanks,
Jonty

Posted by: roms (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: September 24, 2006 10:00AM

As said Cyber, you don't have to configure WAMP for that. If your domain name points on your Ip adress then, it will work.
Now if you want, you can configure a Virtualhost in Apache, so you will be able to manage multiple domain names.
For MySQL, there's really nothing to do.

If you have a dynamic IP, you will need to use a dynamic DNS system like DynDNS.

If you have a router, you will need to confgigure it to redirect the port (like port 80) to accessible from outside your network.

Romain

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.