tutorial on how to set (I am really really new to this)
Posted by: Stop the madness (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 01, 2006 04:06PM

I was wondering if there was a step by step instruction manual or tutorial for this program that shows you how to set up phpadmin. and to create database for a true newb like me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Post Edited (09-01-06 16:51)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tutorial on how to set (I am really really new to this)
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 02, 2006 12:17AM

He he... he he... If you never used mysql, it's not easy to provide a simple tutor to get you through, better google "free mysql ebook" so you have something to start with. If already used mysql, but not sure how to use it w/ phpMyAdmin, here is a simple example, phpMyAdmin is a GUI for mysql, so you use it to manage and control mysql, even run mysql command through it. However, first thing first, check the link below to secure your server.

[forum.wampserver.com]

Hope this help.

Posted by: Stop the madness (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 02, 2006 12:35AM

thank you so much for responding to my question. i do however have another problem. earlier i had logged into mysql admin (don't know exactly how i did that) and now i can't log back in. I am a littler confused about the stored connection at login as to what to type in. I did put localhost for the server, admin for the user and password and can't get in. HEEELP. I will try your suggestion, but if you can help me with this i know i will figure out the rest. Thank you again for helping me

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 02, 2006 10:17PM

Did you follows my od post to setup password? If no, the username is localhost and no password by default. If yes, open config.inc.php in /wamp/phpmyadmin, find the line below to check your password:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'Your_new_password_here'; // MySQL password (only

Hope this help

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 02, 2006 10:18PM

Did you follows my old post to setup password? If no, the username is "root" and no password by default. If yes, open config.inc.php in /wamp/phpmyadmin, find the line below to check your password:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'Your_new_password_here'; // MySQL password (only

Hope this help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.