Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: MySQL problems!
Posted by: DizzyC (86.35.144.---)
Date: January 29, 2007 11:13AM

Hi! I've just installed WAMP and had your problem too. My Problem was that php did not use the right configuration file (php.ini). From prior installations i had severel php.ini files everywhere in my computer. I don't know why, but php did not use the php.ini it was supposed to use, but an old php.ini and thus it coul not load the extensions because the extensions_path was wrong in the old php.ini.

Anyways, here's the short story:
- run phpinfo() (should work: [localhost])
- look for "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" (should be the 6th or so row in the first table)
- The path should be: "C:\Server\Apache2\bin\php.ini" (i think "C:\Server" is where you installed WAMP, right?)
- If that's not the path to php.ini it is possible you have the same problem i had. I simply deleted the "wrong" php.ini and that solved the problem.

Hope it helps!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: January 29, 2007 02:32PM

From prior installations i had severel php.ini files everywhere in my computer. I don't know why, but php did not use the php.ini it was supposed to use, but an old php.ini and thus it coul not load the extensions because the extensions_path was wrong in the old php.ini.
By default, mysql and php will look for ini files in windows

- The path should be: "C:\Server\Apache2\bin\php.ini" (i think "C:\Server" is where you installed WAMP, right?)
Nope, if you don't chane anything, the default path should be wamp/apache2/bin/php.ini, not server/apache2/bin/php.ini.

If you guys ever had any other wamp package (individual or full), after uninstall it, still need to find and delete all related ini files in windows as well as in registry before installing this wampserver. Also, has to enable port 80 in all firewalls (windows and Norton, ZoneAlarm, so on) and shut down all apps that use port 80 such as iis, skypes, internet optimizer, so on.

Check my old post here for the idea, especially the option before installing wampserver

[forum.wampserver.com]

Have fun

[www.jlbn.com] (testing web server)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes)
[forum.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB2)
[forums.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB3)
[mail.jlbn.com] (testing mailserver)
[ftp.jlbn.com] (testing ftp server)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing flashes)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing images)
[joomla.jlbn.com] (testing Joomla 1.0.10)
[fusion.jlbn.com] (testing phpFusion 6.01.6)
[nuke.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke 7.9)
[nukep.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Platinum 7.6.b.4v2)
[pnuke.jlbn.com] (testing PostNuke 0.800-MS2)
[nukevo.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Evolution 2.0.1)

Posted by: DizzyC (86.35.144.---)
Date: January 30, 2007 03:09PM

Quote:
>>By default, mysql and php will look for ini files in windows.
>>If you guys ever had any other wamp package (individual or full), after uninstall
>>it, need to find and delete all related ini files in windows as well as in registry
>>before installing this wampserver.

Yes, i know that. This was the first time i installed WAMP on my computer (BTW: love it!). And I deleted the php.ini in windows. But at some point in the past i installed a Zend Platform that messed with the php.ini smiling smiley
Well, nevermind what happend there the main ideea was: check the phpinfo() output to see if it uses the correct php.ini configuration file. That's all.

Quote:
>>Nope, if you don't chane anything, the default path should be >>wamp/apache2/bin/php.ini, not server/apache2/bin/php.ini.

Yes, I'm aware of that too but my post was an answer to 'mania_c' who, in one of his posts included this error:

>>Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache >>limiter - headers already sent (output started at >>C:\Server\sqlitemanager\index.php:8) in C:\Server\sqlitemanager\index.php on line 8

..and that's how I deducted that he installed WAMP in 'C:\Server'

Well, the main point is that i hope the post was helpful in solving "mania_c"s problem smiling smiley
PS: Beeing the first time I installed WAMP i must say.. i like it, takes a lot of configuring of your shoulders and the small applications pack (phpmyadmin&sqlitemanager) are allso nice, we expect more! grinning smiley

Ciao!

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: January 30, 2007 04:44PM

My bad, I might not read the whole thing

Have fun

[www.jlbn.com] (testing web server)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes)
[forum.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB2)
[forums.jlbn.com] (testing phpBB3)
[mail.jlbn.com] (testing mailserver)
[ftp.jlbn.com] (testing ftp server)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing flashes)
[www.jlbn.com] (testing images)
[joomla.jlbn.com] (testing Joomla 1.0.10)
[fusion.jlbn.com] (testing phpFusion 6.01.6)
[nuke.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke 7.9)
[nukep.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Platinum 7.6.b.4v2)
[pnuke.jlbn.com] (testing PostNuke 0.800-MS2)
[nukevo.jlbn.com] (testing phpNuke Evolution 2.0.1)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.