localost errors
Posted by: 7aken (196.1.124.---)
Date: August 29, 2006 07:18AM

hi guys,

im using wamp on my desktop system with no problems but when i installed on my laptop, things started to get funky. the problem is, i cannot access localhost. ive tried restarting services one at a time and have set server to online/offline mulitple times. at times i get the error that 'could not perform service action, the service has not been started' i get this in both states, when the server is supposed to be online and when it is supposed to be offline. i have tried a complete reinstall and have stopped my firewalls functions but still no luck. anybody know how to fix this? im using winxp pro

Post Edited (08-29-06 07:31)

cats have nine lives - which makes them ideal for experimentation

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: localost errors
Posted by: Sparky (---.upc-i.chello.nl)
Date: August 29, 2006 10:45AM

Do you have Skype running? If so, completely exit Skype and restart the service.

Date: August 30, 2006 12:29PM

Skype not running. Nor is iis which i thought it might have been. nothing else using port80 either??

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 01, 2006 12:45AM

Are your both desktop and laptop using the same network? if yes, you've already got the answer right there: port 80 conflict.

Date: September 22, 2006 12:21PM

not the problem either. ive temporarily gone with another package but prefer wamp and would like to know whats causing this??? anybody else come across it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.