connecting the LAN
Posted by: royax (192.146.101.---)
Date: August 28, 2006 09:21PM

Hi, I'm new to WAMP and I wonder how to connect the localhost from the LAN. Like exmaple i created a website called mysite.php and I want other people to view my site in LAN. Can somebody help how to do it or how to configure the apache server and php.ini files

HOPE SOMEBODY can help me

thanks

Give your smile to everyone but give your heart to your only one

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: connecting the LAN
Posted by: Sparky (---.upc-i.chello.nl)
Date: August 29, 2006 04:09AM

Click the WAMP icon in your taskbar and choose "Put online", this is located all the way at the bottom of the list.

Posted by: royax (192.146.101.---)
Date: August 29, 2006 05:20PM

I've done it as what you said but when i open a browser and type localhost I can't open the main page... I have installed wamp in a corporate LAN... seems to be im trouble about this. How to configure the httpd.conf and do i have to change the ip address? thanks

Give your smile to everyone but give your heart to your only one

Posted by: ilovenicotine (---.crlsca.adelphia.net)
Date: August 31, 2006 09:24PM

in order to access the website from a different computer you don't type localhost. It will try to get the webpage from the computer you are on.

what you need to do is type in the IP address of the computer running wamp.

the easiest way to find the IP address is to get on the WAMP computer, go to Start > Run then type in 'cmd' then hit > Enter then type 'ipconfig' hit > Enter and there you go. second line down says IP Address.....................192.168.0.101 or something. Take that number and type it into a browser on any other computer in your network and walla! I would bookmark it to so you don't have to type it in everytime...

If it says access denied, you forgot to click 'Put Online' like Sparky ^ said above.

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 01, 2006 12:23AM

ilovenicotine, your suggestion only work w/ local network, can't work worldwide.
Instead, check your web ip through [whereismyip], and your friend can get to your web pages as long as that ip still valid. Better go ww/ domain name and some free dns services.
Hope this help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.