ftp
Posted by: richierich1m (203.192.227.---)
Date: August 26, 2006 09:28AM

i have installed wamp and i installed an ftp for setting permissions for the files
but the ftp ask for host username and pass but what are they because during installation i didnt gave any user or pass help plz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ftp
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 27, 2006 02:57AM

did you install an ftp server or did you install a ftp program? if you installed a server you need to ask this question in the support area for whatever ftp server software you installed.

if you installed a ftp program, you can not connect to your wamp server because wamp does not include a ftp server.

also, you do not need to use an ftp program to set file permissions for wamp. windows does not support file permissions so you cannot set them. if you are trying to install a script and the instructions state you need to set file permissions, skip it since it is not supported on windows.

Post Edited (08-27-06 02:59)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Re: ftp
Posted by: richierich1m (---.in2cable.com)
Date: August 28, 2006 04:41PM

thanks a lot i am using windows the script has sucessfully installed without setting permissions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.