Loading Oracle extension
Posted by: chezy (---.tau.ac.il)
Date: August 22, 2006 05:17PM

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to Oracle server. I chooses the php_oci8 extension, restarted the WAMP5 services, but under the phpinfo(), I can't see the OCI8 section.

When I run my PHP program I get the error "... Fatal error: Call to undefined function OCILogon() ".

Any idea why the php_oci8 is not loaded?

Thanks,

Chezy Gal

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loading Oracle extension
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: August 22, 2006 05:25PM

Search this forum as someone have this problem and solution for this here before

Posted by: chezy (---.tau.ac.il)
Date: August 22, 2006 06:09PM

Hi,

thanks I did search but no one in referring to my problem. I have no crash, nor any error message. The services of WAMP5 is loading, but I checked the php.ini that the extension is without the ; and the begining...

But I can't see ant section of OC8I under the phpinfo()...

I even replaced the PHP (5.1.4) with the new PHP (5.1.5), but no results...

Regards,

Chezy Gal

Posted by: Andy (---.cable.ubr11.azte.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 23, 2006 04:35AM

Hi Chezy,

I had this error message in previous versions. It seems to have been corrected (whether on purpose or not I don't know) but I found it to be one of two things:

a) The services didn't/weren't restart(ed) properly after adding the required function/dll
b) The required dll wasn't found.

When you add a function (eg MD5) using WAMP the services should restart themselves, but it never hurts to double check and do it yourself to be sure

If you still get the error message, look in the WAMP folder and copy the required DLLs to the c:|windows\system32 folder as this is automatically searched by Windows when looking for DLLs.

Hope it helps, solved our problems in earlier versions anyway.

Andy.

Posted by: frak (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: January 04, 2007 07:55PM

I am having the same problems getting the oci extension to load. I have restarted everything, I have checked the error logs and it seems to find the php_oci8.dll but still the Oracle extension isn't loaded.

Any ideas anyone?

(I forgot to mention, I am running WAMP5 1.6.6)

Post Edited (01-04-07 20:01)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.