IPB Forum won't work
Posted by: matth2004 (---.people.net.au)
Date: August 16, 2006 11:42AM

Hi,

I just created a database after freshly installing WAMP5. I created a user and gave the user every permission to that database. I then copied the files for the IPB forum to c:/wamp/forum/ and created an alias from the tray icon for WAMP. I went to the installer page: [localhost] and installed IPB entering my details correctly and I had a successful install. After, I accessed the IPB index page and it worked fine. I then clicked on Admin CP to login and enetered my forum user/pass. I clicked login and it came up with:

mySQL query error: SELECT m.*,g.*,p.* FROM ibf_members m,ibf_groups g LEFT JOIN ibf_admin_permission_rows p ON ( m.id=p.row_member_id ) WHERE m.id=1 AND g.g_id=m.mgroup

SQL error: Unknown column 'm.id' in 'on clause'
SQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 16th 2006f August 2006 09:37:14 AM

This was on an error page. I don't know what it means and why it happened but everything else works fine. I refreshed the page but the error is still there. I restarted all services but the error remains. Any ideas?

Regards,
Matt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IPB Forum won't work
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 16, 2006 12:15PM

this is an IPB error, post this question in the IBP suppot forum

Date: August 16, 2006 12:19PM

Although in the IPB Support Forum they will tell me it is wokring, because I have other copies that are working fine and this one is no different to the other copies with the only difference being that it is running on WAMP5 instead of just normal apache installed on your computer with PHP etc set up yourself.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: August 16, 2006 06:20PM

have you installed any hacks or mods to your board? you may have installed a hack incorrectly.

Date: August 17, 2006 09:48AM

No I havent installed anything on the board. It was a fresh install. I then deleted the whole folder, deleted the database, restarted wamp, copied the folder, restarted wamp, made a new database, restarted wamp and then I installed it again. This time it had the same error although I used the root user to install it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.