ImageMagick compatible with wamp?
Posted by: martinvanstein (---.cable.dynamic.v4.ziggo.nl)
Date: December 08, 2023 10:57PM

Hey all,

I just have a question before I go further down the rabbit hole.
Which is, if WAMP supports animated Webp?

I installed it as a PHP extension , following the instructions here:
[www.youtube.com]

And it does accept stills (non animated/static webp's) , but when I try to load an animated one I get a file save error... I checked it on a live site (online ) and there it works.

I am getting this error when I run the PHP loaded extensions:
Warning: Version warning: Imagick was compiled against ImageMagick version 1808 but version 1809 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave surprisingly in Unknown on line 0

But when I go to the Imagick site , I have no clue as to which executable will give me version 1808 (very unclear).

So if anyone else has run into this and has an idea on this, I would be very grateful

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ImageMagick compatible with wamp?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 09, 2023 09:00AM

Hi,

It's not with a video - by whom? of what? - seen on youtube that you install an extension, a CMS or a web application.

It's imperative to follow a procedure, and this procedure must come from the official site!

Installation of PHP Imagick extension

The error indicates that you have a 1808-compatible PHP imagick extension but have installed ImageMagick 1809.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: martinvanstein (---.cable.dynamic.v4.ziggo.nl)
Date: December 09, 2023 04:44PM

Yes I understand the message, but if you go to the site , there is no way of knowing, nor are there any instructions as to how to get teh 1808 version (or recompile for teh 1809 version).

As I said, if I just upload a still webp image it works ( so a webp image that has no animation in it).
When I upload an animated webp I can't save (gives a wordpress error that it can't save)... I have tried it on the live site and there it works, so it is definitely a local site/server issue

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 09, 2023 04:53PM

> I have tried it on the live site and there it works, so it is definitely a local site/server issue

This in no way means that it's a fault of the local server!

Do you have the same PHP versions, the same extensions loaded, the same configurations between the two servers?

And we could also look at Apache versions!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.