Tray shows red, no menu shows on click but services started
Posted by: Hannesius (---.bbcust.telenor.se)
Date: November 06, 2023 03:15PM

I have had this problem for a while and tried to solve it. I checked VC++ and added via VisualCppRedist AIO missing dlls. Then I installed latest version of Wampserver update 3.3.1 but problem remains.

I see that in wampmanager.ini under [StartupAction] the reference is wrong:
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.40/php-win.exe"

I do not have that version but 5.6.331 (and higher up to 7.4.14).

Can this be the reason?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tray shows red, no menu shows on click but services started
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 06, 2023 04:04PM

If there is :
Action: run; FileName: "c:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.40/php-win.exe"
means that the initial installation of Wampserver installed PHP 5.6.40.
If this version 5.6.40 no longer exists, it's because you manually deleted it despite the warning :
DO_NOT_DELETE_5.6.40.txt

You reinstall PHP 5.6.40 and things should be back to normal.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 07, 2023 01:02PM

I installed PHP 5.6.40 but no change.

On startup of WAMP the tray is visible (telling me to be patient) and ends by saying all services are running but the tray icon is read and not showing up on hovering. Clicking it starts the exe.

Date: November 07, 2023 01:39PM

> Clicking it starts the exe.
I don't know what you mean! Which exe does it start?

Aren't you confusing the Wampserver64 shortcut icon on the desktop with the Wampmanager icon in the taskbar?

See C:\wamp64\instructions_for_use.pdf file.

What is the result of : Right-Click -> Tools -> Verify state of services

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 07, 2023 02:57PM

I'm not confusing Wampmanager shortcut icon on the desktop with the Wampmanager icon in the taskbar. They behave the same, starting Wampmanager asking if it is allowed to make changes etc. This happens if I click the icon in the taskbar or in the desktop, with left or right mouse button.

The three services are running and it works fine at least with Apache and PHP, I'm not using the database at the moment (and don't know how to start PhpMyAdmin when tray is not working).

Windows has shut down a couple of times so wampserver has been closed down abruptly, can this be a reason?

Date: November 07, 2023 04:05PM

> They behave the same, starting Wampmanager asking if it is allowed to make changes etc.

This is a question asked by Windows UAC (User Account Control). Simply answer Yes* and Wampmanager will be launched.
Left- or right-clicking on the Wampmanager icon in the taskbar notification area will not generate a UAC request.

* Or set UAC to zero in Windows settings.

> wampserver has been closed down abruptly, can this be a reason?
Maybe you're right.

Since you're not using the databases (yet), the easiest thing to do would be to back up your local sites, then uninstall Wampserver, checking that the services and folder no longer exist, then reinstall Wampserver 3.3.0 and the 3.3.1 update.

Date: November 08, 2023 03:06PM

I backed up files (and exported database), went well, removed directory C:/wamp64, downloaded new version of Wampserver3.3.0_x64.exe and installed it. Worked fine, everything installed, services running after I clicked icon om desktop, but still no Wampmanager icon in the taskbar.

Restarted and got the message:

Vioalation däcces a l'adresse 000000000061BF58 dans le module wampmanager.exe. Lecture de l'adresse 0000000000000478

After restart clicking desktop icon, tray showing it is starting but ending with no taskbar icon.

Date: November 08, 2023 03:10PM

Ooops, sorry, discvoered it, thank yuo for your help!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.