Cant figure out how to get local host to load?
Posted by: lbcwes86 (172.58.209.---)
Date: August 15, 2023 04:14AM

Hi everyone, i just downloaded wampp and localwp and am now having the same issue with both. when i go to test local host site this comes up
"Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.54 (Win64) PHP/8.0.26 mod_fcgid/2.3.10-dev Server at practicewordpress.local Port 80"

this happens when i try out my wampp local host and when i click on wpadmin on localwp. i checked to make sure port 80 wasnt being used on skype and it wasnt. its being used for apache. only problem i can think is that in the task manager under the port thats being used for apache is that it says UAC VIRTUALIZATION : NOT ALLOWED.
anyone had this happen before or might have an advice on a solution? i looked online about the UAC virtualization and read that its not accessible on my version of windows 10.

ps: sorry if this is hard to understand this is pretty new to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2023 04:27AM by lbcwes86.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cant figure out how to get local host to load?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2023 08:39AM

Hi,

WordPress works perfectly well under Wampserver (Wamp, not Wampp), but, as with all hosts, only if you're in a VirtualHost, and you have absolutely no need for localwp to do this.

See:
The need for Virtual Host
and
Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost
and
Why to create a VirtualHost BEFORE installing a CMS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.