WAMP 3.3.0 with MariaDB Questions
Posted by: dereckr (---.lightspeed.lbcktx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 08, 2023 06:13PM

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling to do some reinstalls from version 3.2.6 to version 3.3.0. I have looked at the mariadb sql text document but those options are missing to set the DBMS and seems to have everything hit the fan when we do the install.

How can we configure this the easiest way via command line install as we had in the past to not essentially install MySQL at all.

I have to manually go through the menu and jump through hoops to get MySQL removed and seems to still throw errors about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP 3.3.0 with MariaDB Questions
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 08, 2023 07:58PM

Hi,

The tool for changing the default DBMS has been available since Wampserver 3.1.1.

Tools to disable MySQL or MariaDB have been available since Wampserver 3.0.8

What exactly do you want to do?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: June 08, 2023 09:29PM

Otomatic,

We had been automating the install via command line with components via /VERYSILENT /SUPRESSMSGBOXES /DIR="C:\wamp" /COMPONENTS="main,APACHE,PHP82,MARIADB/MARIADB*,!MYSQL*,APPS*"

However, seems these components don't work the same. We are looking to stop the mysql service which I can do via command line no problem, remove the service, remove it from wamp manager, and uncheck the allow mysql under tools menu, then set mariadb as 3306. I have done it via the menus and have it working but wondering if there is a way to do it via the scripts folder or where I can find more information on performing this.

Date: June 09, 2023 12:48AM

I think I have all the ini's happy to stop making mysql default but only issue is when you open wampmanager it still shows allow mysql even though wampmanager.conf has SupportMySQL = "off"

Any thoughts on that?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: June 09, 2023 09:31AM

Hi,

> /COMPONENTS="main,APACHE,PHP82,MARIADB/MARIADB*,!MYSQL*,APPS*"
You can't select components from the command line, or at least I've never checked whether the InnoSetup installer allows this, and I have absolutely no intention of doing so.
The only command-line options that have been checked and documented are :
/VERYSILENT /SUPRESSMSGBOXES /DIR="C:\wamp"
There are no command-line options, not even in the installer's component selection, to choose the default DBMS.

You can't deactivate a DBMS by directly modifying the wampmanager.conf file. You need to right-click -> Wamp settings -> Allow MySQL or Allow MariaDB.
Disabling a DBMS is not simply a matter of setting a parameter to on or off.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.