needed help with perl
Posted by: twinkle (---.91.74.75.rev.eftel.com)
Date: June 20, 2006 05:32PM

if this question is answered in previous posts then sorry lol i just installed perl on Q:/wamp and my perl is located @ Q:/wamp/perl i was wondering if someon was able to make a small test script i can use in order to teest the installation and let me know where i would direct my browser in order to test the script i was kind of thinking i put the scripts in my perl/bin folder as i dont see a cgi folder in wamp thanks in advance any suggestions would be appreciated ive been trying to get perl installed for a while now so far havent had a single problem with your software great work guys i would recommend this software for anybody wanting a great personal my space with out ads and pop ups

chicken and maggi noodles isnt a good combo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: needed help with perl
Posted by: melban (---.static.twtelecom.net)
Date: June 22, 2006 03:03PM

I think there is a printenv.pl already in the cgi-bin wamp/apache2/cgi-bin/ folder. You can hit that script via the url below. This issued an error on my machines but still hit the script.

[localhost]

Re: needed help with perl
Posted by: twinkle (---.mega.tmns.net.au)
Date: June 23, 2006 02:55PM

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

log errors are as follow:
[Fri Jun 23 20:55:14 2006] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (OS 3)The system cannot find the path specified. : couldn't create child process: 720003: printenv.pl
[Fri Jun 23 20:55:14 2006] [error] [client xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx] (OS 3)The system cannot find the path specified. : couldn't spawn child process: Q:/wamp/Apache2/cgi-bin/printenv.pl

a couple of mins after posting ive seen this in the pl script:
#!c:/perl/bin/Perl.exe and my path is q:/ i will change this to the correct perl path and post back soon

ok thats got it working now i decided to leave my post incase anyone else has this question in future

Post Edited (06-23-06 15:02)

chicken and maggi noodles isnt a good combo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.