Abt installing forum in local server
Posted by: shadowman (---.211.184.71.bb-dynamic.vsnl.net.in)
Date: June 16, 2006 10:22PM

dear friends,moderators and admin,

i installed wamp server in windows 2000 professional the wamp server working prefectly that is no problem ,but i try to installed the forum in wamp server ,so iam explain how i done this i went to www directory and inside the www directory i created the folder name called (forum) and i upload all the php files phpbb 2.20 and i started to installed localhost/forum its also worked perfectely but they asked database name so i gone to phpa
myadmin and created one database and i put this name on forum database place and they asking username and password so this is the problem iam facing so iasked my friend they told there is no need password and username to install forum in local so just click install so i click that they showing crtical error so i confused what to do if i need username passoword and if needed where to get this or create this username and password for database pls explain as details and another one they asking email id also in last line that also i need help from u sirs so pls kindly help to solve this problem my dear friends -thanks in advance -jk

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Abt installing forum in local server
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: June 16, 2006 11:53PM

WAMP does not come with a password set for the root user. so leave the password field blank

demo....

username: root
password:

Re: Abt installing forum in local server
Posted by: shadowman (---.211.184.110.bb-dynamic.vsnl.net.in)
Date: June 17, 2006 11:46PM

helo friend,
thanks for helping me, the problem solved -jk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.