wampmysqld64
Posted by: apple.r (---.4.232-40.dynamic.3bb.co.th)
Date: January 08, 2023 10:23AM

Hi,

I have multi MySQL versions and PHP versions on my Wampserver. My OS is Windows 10. Recently after upgrading from Wampserver 3.2.9 to 3.3.0. wampmysqld64 start of mysql 5.7.28 won't start.

When the issue happens the first time, I found that mysql.exe(5.7.28) is blocked by antivirus. I removed mysql.exe(5.7.28) from the quarantine list of antivirus and the wampmysqld64 service started. Today, the wampmysqld64 service won't start again. I check the quarantine list in antivirus, I don't see it blocked anymore. Other MySQL versions(5.6.51,5.7.31,5.7.39) are working.

Here is the test on which the service won't start.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

State of services:

The service 'wampapache64' is started
Start type : DEMAND_START
Service Session : LocalSystem

The service 'wampmysqld64' is NOT started
EXIT error code:1067
Help message for error code 1067 is:The process terminated unexpectedly.

The service 'wampmariadb64' is started
Start type : DEMAND_START
Service Session : LocalSystem

WampServer (Apache, PHP and MySQL) will not function properly if any service
'wampapache64'
'wampmysqld64'
'wampmariadb64'
is not started.

all services BINARY_PATH_NAME are OK
all services START_TYPE are OK

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I also test by clicking on "Check compiler VC, compatibility and int files" and it is correct.

If the issue can not be fixed, I can copy the DB from "MySQL 5.7.28" to other versions as well but I don't know how since the DB needs to be exported from "MySQL 5.7.28". Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,
Apple.R

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampmysqld64
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 08, 2023 10:54AM

Hi,

- Put the complete folder c:\wamp64 in exception of the antivirus

- Right-Click -> Restart from zero

- Right-Click -> Tools -> Reinstall all services

See errors in mysql.log

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: apple.r (---.4.232-40.dynamic.3bb.co.th)
Date: January 08, 2023 03:07PM

Thanks for the reply. I did the steps you provide. Below is the mysql.log result for "MySQL 5.7.28" which no error. However, the wampmysqld64 service still doesn't start for "MySQL 5.7.28". I also try to start the service via Task Manager(Windows) but had no luck.

--------------------------
File cleaned up by Wampserver
on 2023-01-08 13:54
--------------------------

Regards,
Apple.R

Date: January 09, 2023 08:47AM

Hi,

- What is the result of:
Right-Click -> Tools -> Test port 3306

You can make attempts to start the wampmysqld64 service through the Services Manager (services.msc) and check the errors in the Windows logs in the Event Viewer.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: apple.r (---.4.218-225.dynamic.3bb.co.th)
Date: January 10, 2023 08:45AM

Thank you for your reply.

- Yes, I did check the port. No application uses 3306. I can use other MySQL version.
- Yes, I tried to start the "wampmysqld64" service from the Services Manager, but the service won't start.
- I check the application log from the Event Viewer and I found the message below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows cannot access the file E:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.28\bin\mysqld.exe for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program mysqld.exe because of this error.

Program: mysqld.exe
File: E:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.28\bin\mysqld.exe

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: C000009C
Disk type: 3
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding this message, I check the file permission, firewall, anti-virus, and anti-malware. All are good. Note that, " E:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.28\bin\mysqld.exe" was blocked by anti-virus and anti-malware before. And I removed them from the blocks list. I also add the "E:\wamp64" folder to the exception list as you recommend.

I still have no idea where to check next.

Regards,
Apple.R

Date: January 10, 2023 08:47AM

BTW, this is the link I follow to find the cause.

[support.microsoft.com].

Date: January 10, 2023 09:00AM

Hi,

What can happen is that even after removing E:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.28\bin\mysqld.exe from the anti-virus and anti-malware locks, the "owner" of the file has not been properly restored.

- Right-Click on the file E:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.28\bin\mysqld.exe
- Properties
- Tab Security
System, Administrators (NAME/administrators)
and
Users (NAME/Users)

MUST have Total Control

Nevertheless, you should execute in a Command Windows:

CHKDSK /F
and
SFC /SCANNOW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2023 09:01AM by Otomatic.

Date: January 10, 2023 11:00AM

Thanks. It is working now.

Here is what I did.
- go to "Tab Security" as you mention
- at "System" and "Administrators (NAME/administrators)", I check the permission and it is already in full control.
- at "Users (NAME/Users)" which is the last on the list, the original permission is "Read & exceute" and "Read". I change to full control and then shut down and turn on the computer again.
- Now the wampmysqld64 starts.

Regards,
Apple.R

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.